Lever action on TAA

She is not. A family issue came up that requires her to be here during the middle of the trip. My other daughter bailed to attend the wedding of a friend. I am having the darnedest time getting my daughters to Africa.

The daughter that was to go didn't want to miss this trip, but I understand why. She has asked if, instead of Africa, we can go to New Zealand to hunt next year. I'm already looking into it.

And thank you for the well wishes. I am sooooooo freaking excited.

Too bad, been trying to get my daughter over but school, jobs and weddings keep getting in the way. Well you can plan a trip to New Zealand AND Africa with her. Like me just pinch a few more pennies and it can happen. Tell Wik and everyone that David, Charlotte and Joe wish them well.

Hi @CJW ... That is correct: the 99 (.300 Savage) for PG. I am also taking my .45-70; I have not ruled out another cow buffalo hunt. :E Happy:

I don't think I've seen anyone else take a 99. Very nice! A 99 or 1895 are at the top of my list of levers to take.

I definitely plan on taking one of my levers out to Africa, but until then the states will do. It's great I'm not the only one with the desire to hunt Africa with lever guns! Can't wait to see what a 50 AE with a 440 gr bullet will do to a lion out of my Marlin 1894!

Because I believe I'll go again, I aspire to take my 1895 someday. But I have to get the front sight figured out first. I need something that my eyes can see. It is not a dovetailed in front sight, or I'd have replaced it already.

I am sure others have taken a 99... but I don't think it's the most common model to take. Mine happens to be a 1947 EG. I'd love to know what all it has hunted and where all it's been carried. I picked it up from a pawn shop in AZ for $350. It needed some TLC. I think it is ready now.

I'm pulling for you! I hope you wind up with both.

P1000682.jpg

Love those lever guns! A 99 in .300 Savage has been on my wish list for a long time, but then so are a LOT of others. :giggle:

It looks like a Turnbull to me as well. Is this the episode, 375er?

Love those lever guns! A 99 in .300 Savage has been on my wish list for a long time, but then so are a LOT of others. :giggle:

It looks like a Turnbull to me as well. Is this the episode, 375er?

No. Looks like a different episode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg