Lever action on TAA

375er

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Season 18, Episode one features a large bore lever action used on Buffalo. Does anyone know what it is??

Did it look like this?

1685406224553.png

Or did it look like this

Winchester-Model-1895-770.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a Winchester 1886 that came in a number of cartridges from 45-70 up to 50-110

Has very nice wood on it. 50-110 I can believe.I didn't recognise the cartridge when they we loading it.

I think they said it was a turnbull in the episode

I saw that episode, I think it was in Uganda. One of the buffalo hunts turned into a shit show gun fight.

You're taking your 99 right?

Hi @CJW ... That is correct: the 99 (.300 Savage) for PG. I am also taking my .45-70; I have not ruled out another cow buffalo hunt. :E Happy:

Reactions: CJW
Hi @CJW ... That is correct: the 99 (.300 Savage) for PG. I am also taking my .45-70; I have not ruled out another cow buffalo hunt. :E Happy:
Good luck, is your daughter still going with you? Y’all have a wonderful time and can’t wait to see the pictures and write up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuigrande

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross