Leica launches its iconic Geovid rangefinders in new compact, lightweight size with added functionality

I have been able to expand my Leica collection
The only one I'm missing is the geovid pro 8x32

PXL_20221228_090459325.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been able to expand my Leica collection
The only one I'm missing is the geovid pro 8x32
I heartily recommend it, though I have the 10x32. Have been a Leica customer for a long time starting with their film M rangefinder cameras 30+ years ago. Thinking of upgrading to the M11 from M9 soon.

I heartily recommend it, though I have the 10x32. Have been a Leica customer for a long time starting with their film M rangefinder cameras 30+ years ago. Thinking of upgrading to the M11 from M9 soon.
I tried them at the Madrid hunting fair and I want them yes or yes in 8x32

I looked these over at DSC. This is exactly what I have been waiting for for years. A lightweight, rangefinding binocular with all the tech in it. I will likely have to buy a pair soon!

Yesterday I bought a new scope leica for my 7mmRM, another one.

er 3.5-14x42 with asv and 4a Germán reticle

I picked up the 8x32 a few months ago. I lugged the big 10x42's around Africa too long. Looking forward to this set up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 5.46.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 5.46.32 PM.png
    895.2 KB · Views: 56
I’ve just sold my 8x56 and 10x42 Geovids HD-B and got the 10x32 Pro. My main reason for selling HD-Bs and getting the Pro was the ease of changing rifle profiles. With HD-B you had to open the battery compartment, upload new profile on the memory card and reinstall it. With Pro it's a few clicks on the mobile phone - much simpler and quicker for someone who hunts with several rifles. Since I swapped to thermovision for night spotting the 8x56 became a bit obsolete for me. They were great though and I would recommend them for those hunting in thicker coverage. The jury is out on whether or not I’ll be getting the 10x42 version when available. Thus far I’m impressed with the small size, weight and optical quality of the 32s but “there is no replacement for displacement” and doubtless there will be times when a larger objective would be advantageous.

I’ve just sold my 8x56 and 10x42 Geovids HD-B and got the 10x32 Pro. My main reason for selling HD-Bs and getting the Pro was the ease of changing rifle profiles. With HD-B you had to open the battery compartment, upload new profile on the memory card and reinstall it. With Pro it's a few clicks on the mobile phone - much simpler and quicker for someone who hunts with several rifles. Since I swapped to thermovision for night spotting the 8x56 became a bit obsolete for me. They were great though and I would recommend them for those hunting in thicker coverage. The jury is out on whether or not I’ll be getting the 10x42 version when available. Thus far I’m impressed with the small size, weight and optical quality of the 32s but “there is no replacement for displacement” and doubtless there will be times when a larger objective would be advantageous.
good afternoon you have.
I'm interested in knowing more about changing the profiles in the hd-B....

I have a 7mmRM with 2 scopes, a 3.5-14x42 for mountain stalking and another 2.4-16x56 for roe deer stalking and waiting

and then i have a 338wm with a 1.5-10x42

would I have to remove the sd card every time I change the scope or rifle?

thank you

I think that I would not be able to take full advantage of the pro menu, and I think that a hypothetical 8x32 hd-B would be my ideal binocular.

good afternoon you have.
I'm interested in knowing more about changing the profiles in the hd-B....

I have a 7mmRM with 2 scopes, a 3.5-14x42 for mountain stalking and another 2.4-16x56 for roe deer stalking and waiting

and then i have a 338wm with a 1.5-10x42

would I have to remove the sd card every time I change the scope or rifle?

thank you
In HD-B version, you can choose one of the built-in ballistic profiles or load your own. Needless to say your own profile is going to be more accurate as the curve is calculated based on the BC and velocity of your particular bullet. The built-in profiles on the cartridge can be selected from the menu of the binoculars without the use of a memory card. But your individual profiles are loaded on the memory card and only one can be loaded at any time. In order to select a different one you need to change the memory card. Changing scopes doesn't change anything provided you have the right correction setting selected in the binoculars ie. 1MOA, 1/4 MOA, 1MIL, 1/10MIL etc. If you're using scopes with different turrets then you have to make sure the right setting is selected otherwise you'll end up dialling MOA clicks on MIL scope which will obviously not work.

In HD-B version, you can choose one of the built-in ballistic profiles or load your own. Needless to say your own profile is going to be more accurate as the curve is calculated based on the BC and velocity of your particular bullet. The built-in profiles on the cartridge can be selected from the menu of the binoculars without the use of a memory card. But your individual profiles are loaded on the memory card and only one can be loaded at any time. In order to select a different one you need to change the memory card. Changing scopes doesn't change anything provided you have the right correction setting selected in the binoculars ie. 1MOA, 1/4 MOA, 1MIL, 1/10MIL etc. If you're using scopes with different turrets then you have to make sure the right setting is selected otherwise you'll end up dialling MOA clicks on MIL scope which will obviously not work.
Thank's very very much....

you have been very valuable to me.

leicacasportoptics_sa_350247612_6349394121765801_4321652096667827909_n.jpg

The Leica Ballistics App 2.0 offers precise ballistic solutions for all Leica Geovid Pro models and is now also in a reduced version for all .COM models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross