Left Handed shooters club!

30 year old Mark V 300WM left-hand. Had the barrel replaced and the bluing and stock redone about 5 or 6 years ago.

mark v refurb redo fin best web.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI fellow lefties, I have a newly built .404J and a browning .375 H&H up for sale in the classifieds

two Winchester crf model 70,s, 7mm-300win mag, two rem model 700,s, 7mm08(my favorite)-.308 win and a rem model 581 in .22lr and a rem 870 12 ga mag, all left hand. I also use lever-pump action rifles. les.

DSCN0019.JPG

My wife, grandma of nine, shoots a 375 Ruger in a Ruger Alaskan 20" stainless with laminate, shortened stock. The picture below was taken just after firing. The Nikon Inline has 5" eye-relief which helps to keep the scope and eyebrows far apart. Proper holding is essential, of course. It is a nice small package for her African rifle.

HDBopPC.jpg

Attachments

• HDBopPC.jpg
    HDBopPC.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator:
I shoot left handed but mostly have used right hand bolts as long as they don't have roll over cheek pieces! but I use these rifles mostly now
CZ 550 Safari Magnum 375H&H
Winchester M70, Safari Express, 375H&H
Zastava LK M70 Heavy Magnum 375H&H
Steyr Mannlicher SM12, 9.3x62
Zastava LK M70 9.3x62
Winchester M70 30/06
Zastava LK M70 30/06
Zastava LK M70 7x57
CZ 527 223Rem.

Still looking for a Lefty 416 Rigby very scarce....

I have a few true lefties.

CZ452 22lr
CZ452 17HMR
CZ527 20 Vartarg
Sako 85 22-250
Montana 1999 257 Roberts
Montana 1999 6.5x284
Sako 75 270 win
Zastava M85 7.62x39
Weatherby MKV 300 Wby
Zastava m70 8x68
Sako Bavarian 9.3x62
Winchester classic 375 H&H
Zastava m70 404 Jeffery
Zastava 500 Jeffery

a few left handed stocked guns
Ruger no1 450/400
Winchester 101 diamond skee
Miroku mk38 trap 12g
Beretta 687 field 12g

would love to get a CZ 550, tikka M65, Heym Sr40 and a kimber of Oregon.

Also a lefty making use of right handed rifles and I've never picked up a left handed rifle, we grew up with right handed rifles and now it's muscle memory, I'd have to practice allot before I take a left handed rifle to the bush...

My good friends, real lefties can switch hands and gain a stroke! while I shoot left handed, I
-Write right handed
-Throw Left handed
-Kick right footed
-Shoot a bow right or left handed
-Golf and or Cricket (bat/swing/stroke) left or right handed.
-Play pool right handed.
-Kite goofy footed.
;-) a mixed bag I’d say!
:E Hmmm:ok so you can think of one other with your affliction.........:E Head Scratch:...........shouldnt take long to check this thread out in the future .........:A Stirring: :E Devious: :K Moon:..................................ahhh revenge is sweet :E Big Grin:

Winchester 70 Classic, several Remington 700’s, a Borden, a Tikka, a Zermatt Bighorn Origin, a couple Ruger’s, and a Savage. Please consider that as my application to the club.

Glad to know I’m not alone.

I’m right handed, right eye dominant, but do many things left handed and footed…

Shooting rifles and shotguns are one of them. I shoot pool left handed… Rode a skateboard goofy footed…
I shoot pistols right hand.

My good friends, real lefties can switch hands and gain a stroke! while I shoot left handed, I
-Write right handed
-Throw Left handed
-Kick right footed
-Shoot a bow right or left handed
-Golf and or Cricket (bat/swing/stroke) left or right handed.
-Play pool right handed.
-Kite goofy footed.
;-) a mixed bag I’d say!
:E Hmmm:ok so you can think of one other with your affliction.........:E Head Scratch:...........shouldnt take long to check this thread out in the future .........:A Stirring: :E Devious: :K Moon:..................................ahhh revenge is sweet :E Big Grin:
Hi Jaco,
I.m all over the place too..
Shoot left Handed, I can shoot aimed shots on stationary targets right hand ok
Shoot pistol right hand but aim left eye
catch ball right hand
Bow left hand
Cricket/Golf right hand
Write left hand
Kick Right Hand

...Woman both hands!

Cheers
Steve

I am sure glad someone decided to do a Left Handed Rifle forum. Does anyone know of someone that has a LH Dakota 300 Cal for sale?

My lefties:
Texas Magnum In 7x61S&H
Ruger Alaskan in 375 RSM
Looking for more at "reasonable" prices.

My left handed rifles are a Remington 700 in .270 Win., Browning XBolt in .300 Win Mag and I just was able to purchase a Winchester M70 Safari Classic .375 H&H with the Pre64 action. I am getting the optics delivered soon for the .375 and am looking forward to getting it dialed in. P

My grandfather taught me to shoot both eyes open, so I always have and am definitely left handed!

For years I shot right handed bolts and used my right hand brought back to reload. I know Jaco and I have discussed this. But there is nothing like the left hand bolt oncertainly you shoot one.

Now I need a left hand light rifle. I do think the next one is going to be T3 lite, or perhaps a Browning X-Bolt. I haven't quite decided. T3 is slightly lighter, but I'm not a great big fan of the stainless or the plastic..... If I was going to hunt in Alaska all the time that would be one thing, but I'm not.
I have 2 LH X-bolts, a 300 Win Mag Medallion and a 270 Hunter. Love them both, and I've shot a 1 1/8 inch group at 200 yards with the 300 and over the counter ammo.
I also have a 375 H&H A-bolt.

Right handed, but knew about eye dominance when I started shooting about 10 y.o. so I never learned to shoot right handed. Because of this I usually shoot pumps, break action, or lever actions

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrillGl

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg