Learning Safari Language

"aught" a word for zero.
Bastardized into "ought" and "odd"

Yup, just like agent double aught seven... :hmmmer:
 
Our (my wife and I's) favorite saying by our guide was "I am about to have a sense of humor failure" said, when things didn't go right.
 
A common positive Afrikaans remark

'Bakgat!' after a good shot/meal/experience ect. [loud gggg....] [a compliment after something good or well done,]
or in a greeting 'how are you?'-BAKGAT [=fine,very good,nice!]

or the opposite [a common negative remark,expressing disappointment]

'Gatvol' [ggg...]= I'm gatvol [fed-up] with this,[I don't want to do this anymore,]


'lekker'= nice,sweet,ok,tasty,good,enjoyable [depends on the context]
this food,or 'braai' [barbecue] is lekker
the holiday,trip,experience was 'lekker'
 
This is a great thread Wayne! I enjoy this and like to see what the members comes up with!

Which one came first, the chicken or the egg? Or is a Zebra white with black stripes or black with white stripes?

Regards,
 
This is a great thread Wayne! I enjoy this and like to see what the members comes up with!

Which one came first, the chicken or the egg? Or is a Zebra white with black stripes or black with white stripes?

Regards,

Come on!!, it is quite easy!!

Zebra female - Black on white stripes
Zebra Male - White on black stripes

We all know this!! :crazylol:
 
And get ready to drink "springbokkies"and "melktertjies".Also be sure to enjoy the "pap"and "potjiekos.Eish that is "lekker boet'.
 
..and if you hunt with me, sooner or later, you will hear 'koeksister', 'bobotie', 'kak skoot tjom', 'moertoe', 'vellies', 'fokken slang', 'jy's 'n yster Boet', 'vat hom fluffy', 'papnsous', 'houtkop', 'Silas..bliksem daai Ingelsman wat so snork met 'n skoen', 'hierriebakkievattikakkie' and 'hierdie ou sal nie 'n koei op die gat kan raakslaan met 'n banjo nie' ..

:biggrin2:
 
Another is "Braai Broodjie" meaning a sandwich filled with tomato, cheese, onions and chutney. Toasted on wooden coles and served with a braai/barbeque dinner/lunch. Who ever tasted this? My personal favorite!! braai-broodjies-sm.jpgIMG_3636.jpg
 
..and if you hunt with me, sooner or later, you will hear 'koeksister', 'bobotie', 'kak skoot tjom', 'moertoe', 'vellies', 'fokken slang', 'jy's 'n yster Boet', 'vat hom fluffy', 'papnsous', 'houtkop', 'Silas..bliksem daai Ingelsman wat so snork met 'n skoen', 'hierriebakkievattikakkie' and 'hierdie ou sal nie 'n koei op die gat kan raakslaan met 'n banjo nie' ..

:biggrin2:

Fok,doc klink soos kak van die duiwel,ek hoop net die bose geeste slag die bokke mooi.
 
Well I need to know when my ph is saying.Wow that is big shoot it now and dinner is ready come and get it.Not sure if some of these words in the post would just get me in trouble.
 
Well I need to know when my ph is saying.Wow that is big shoot it now and dinner is ready come and get it.Not sure if some of these words in the post would just get me in trouble.

'..bliksem, daai ding is groot, shiet hom nou..'

and

'..jou kos is reg, jy moet kom eet..'
 
Thanks doc I will start learning those to start.I dont ever want to be called late for dinner.
 
Thanks doc I will start learning those to start.I dont ever want to be called late for dinner.

Screw the food, where is that big bok?
 
..and if you hunt with me, sooner or later, you will hear 'koeksister', 'bobotie', 'kak skoot tjom', 'moertoe', 'vellies', 'fokken slang', 'jy's 'n yster Boet', 'vat hom fluffy', 'papnsous', 'houtkop', 'Silas..bliksem daai Ingelsman wat so snork met 'n skoen', 'hierriebakkievattikakkie' and 'hierdie ou sal nie 'n koei op die gat kan raakslaan met 'n banjo nie' ..

:biggrin2:

OK, that almost made me piss myself laughing. Damn.

Especially the banjo comment.
 
And get ready to drink "springbokkies"and "melktertjies".Also be sure to enjoy the "pap"and "potjiekos.Eish that is "lekker boet'.

"Klippies and Coke" The first lesson in PH school.
 
I figured the eyes of the PH will tell me how big the buck is just dont now if there really hungry they may hold out on me.Since you almost pissed yourself that must be a good one or bad depending I guess.
 
..and if you hunt with me, sooner or later, you will hear 'koeksister', 'bobotie', 'kak skoot tjom', 'moertoe', 'vellies', 'fokken slang', 'jy's 'n yster Boet', 'vat hom fluffy', 'papnsous', 'houtkop', 'Silas..bliksem daai Ingelsman wat so snork met 'n skoen', 'hierriebakkievattikakkie' and 'hierdie ou sal nie 'n koei op die gat kan raakslaan met 'n banjo nie' ..

:biggrin2:

'cake sister', 'top botie', 'shit lap buddy "," hell ", veldskoene", "f'ing snake', 'you are an iron Brother', 'take him Fluffy', 'papn sauce', 'wooden head ',' Silas .. bastard Englishman those who snore so with a shoe ',' This Truck is shit thank you "and" this guy will not have a cow on the ass can get hit with a banjo no

Im sure something is lost in google translate!

BTW... Take him fluffy!!! LOL
 
Fok,doc klink soos kak van die duiwel,ek hoop net die bose geeste slag die bokke mooi.

This one certainly has lost something??? LOL

doc sounds like shit of the devil, I just hope the demons kill the goats nicely.
 
Fok,doc klink soos kak van die duiwel,ek hoop net die bose geeste slag die bokke mooi.

'..bliksem, daai ding is groot, shiet hom nou..'

and

'..jou kos is reg, jy moet kom eet..'

These I understand,sort of.

bastard, that thing is huge, shoot him now ..

and

".. your food is right, you should come eat ..
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,029
Members
169,480
Latest member
JulianHof
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top