AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Nimrod Rifle Club, DSC, SCI, NRA
Hunted
Texas, Wyoming, Kansas, Alaska, Namibia, Botswana, Northern Cape, Alberta, Natal, Zambia
My kudu mount is finished and hanging in the living room. Brendon and his team at Safaris Life Taxidermy in San Antonio did an amazing job. I gave them a short video clip with two screen shots from that video. I told them 'the look' I was going for is at the five second mark in the video.
They actually combined the two pictures, as they had to raise his head up, but the end result is just as I remembered from that moment. This is why we mount our trophies, to keep those memories alive.
I wanted the left shoulder facing out so I could see the entry wound from my arrow. Great job Brendon!
Full story title on AH is:

SOUTH AFRICA: BOWHUNT: My Bow Hunt With 4 Aces Outfitters 2022​

Video Link; My Kudu

mykudu3.jpg
myKudu1.png
mykudu2.png

Last edited:
Great looking mount

That is nice !

That is a nice mount. How long did they take? If they're fast and make good work they'd be worth keeping around.

I dropped them off with the taxidermists sometime in January? And Brendon is from South Africa where he worked as a taxidermists there, and he pretty much specializes in African animals.
He's done all of my mounts thus far.
This picture is of my Duiker from 2019 (Namibia) and by Steenbok from the last trip in 2022 with 4Aces. Brendon did them both. I was going to put them both together on a desk pedestal, but I really liked the way they look like this on the wall. Not the biggest Steenbok, but using a bow and being my first one, I'm happy with the size.

mysteenbok.jpg

The steenbok position is the one I tried to explain to my taxidermist. Alert ears but not to hight.
I will send him this picture
I hope you don't mind.
Many thanks!

You have to like it when the taxidermist gets it right.

I believe that kudu is a Jetz form. I like the face and neck A LOT but that shoulder angle freaks me out altho I agree that reference supports that. I might have to give them a try soon.

The steenbok position is the one I tried to explain to my taxidermist. Alert ears but not to hight.
I will send him this picture
I hope you don't mind.
Many thanks!
You are more than welcome to use it for yours. I hope it turns out as well as mine has.

I believe that kudu is a Jetz form. I like the face and neck A LOT but that shoulder angle freaks me out altho I agree that reference supports that. I might have to give them a try soon.
I'm not sure on the form that he used? And I agree on the shoulder angle. When he sent me pictures, I wasn't sure. But now that it's on my wall and I can see it in person, I love it. He captured the pose that I wanted.
Here are some more shots, taken with some sunlight coming into the room. Different angles.
mykudu4.jpg

mykudu5.jpg

mykudu6.jpg

mykudu7.jpg

mykudu8.jpg

Beautifully done! Glad you are as happy with it as you'd hoped to be!

1685470328678.png

next bigger size :LOL: I didn't mean to infer that was the exact form, just the Jetz style form, but I think I found yours also now that I HAD TO GO RE-LOOK

1685478031008.png

All your specimens look amazing. I love the fact kudu still has his split ear.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois