Kudu - Namibia or Limpopo?

wayne reason for that could be lesser kudu are only on a 21 day licence in tanzania as far as i know. or possibly 14days still expensive with the daily rates there.

Yeah, I was generalizing those "fees" to include those day rates. Those little guys are pricy when you add it all up.

SS Pro safaris can back that claim up, it is fantastic place to hunt kudu!

My younger brother shot this bull with SS Pro in 2012, Scott has some big bulls though you'll pay for it. I believe they take 1-2 60"+ every year.

This one was just a tad under 55"and I kick myself every day for not putting kudu on my list.

DSCN0336.JPG

It's hard to beat the free range kudu with Die Keiler in Namibia, no sliding scale, the price for trophy fees on kudu are less in Namibia. But I think the best chance for huge kudu is probably high fence hunts in Limpopo on top quality ranches.
Wife and I each took 54" kudu with Die Keiller a couple yrs ago ..Trying to set up another hunt with them now..Great free range hunting and decent prices.....Be aware that a lot of areas have been hit by rabies in kudu herds so prices have increased...

This one was just a tad under 55"and I kick myself every day for not putting kudu on my list.

You should kick yourself twice a day for giving up chance at that bull! ;)

To me personally, that is the perfect shape and width. Love it....

dieKeiler-pages.jpg
IMG_0877_085_0001.JPG

We both took 54" kudu with Die Keiler in Namibia (May-June) awesome trip ....
and also a 39" oryx .....
book-9-oryx.JPG

Man, y'all need to quit showing me these pictures! I have a feeling I'm going to be back in Africa chasing a kudu sooner than I thought.

I really like that kudu in the picture above on the right. I like those tips pointing out like that.

The question is not where .........but Kudu ? .....and the answer is YES !
Glen

You really don't need that many if they all as big as the stud in the middle photo ... I would be winking too if I knew he was still alive AND on my property!

Try to get in touch with Marius @ Mopani Safaris in Namibia. Ive hunted with him before, he has two camps, one outside Windhoek and one up near Etosha. I saw his photos from last year and his clients harvested 10 over 53". Great guy.

A nice bull from Tallyho - Game Ranch near Alldays, Limpopo :
21414645ca.jpg

21414646wz.jpg

Kudu 60 Inch, BWB 29and a half Inch.

Mannlicher

Attachments

• 21414646wz.jpg
    21414646wz.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 368
  • 21414645ca.jpg
    21414645ca.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpg
54 1/4 inches taken near Rust de Winter RSA. Saw a couple more his size but not as wide

I'll be honest, I've never seen a kudu that someone has hunted that I didn't like. :) And let's be honest, the "average" person doesn't know the difference between a 53" or a 60" kudu. When on the wall they all look impressive to the average Joe.

Never took tape to mine and never will. My next one (whenever that will be) will not only have to be longer, but will have to have some great mass.

Of course my reply is late. Hunt the RUT for your best chances. Your requirements are do-able, but I am partial to the NorthWest Province.

Good luck with your search and hunt.

Also from Tallyho, Limpopo - 61,5 ´´

21438782tj.jpg

21438783yh.jpg

Mannlicher

Attachments

• 21438782tj.jpg
    21438782tj.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 21438783yh.jpg
    21438783yh.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
That Kudu will not break 50 which ever way you stretch it.

Reactions: IvW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois