What was the average Kudu size taken in 22'?
Measurements are not as important as age to us, but if I have to estimate I would put our average for 2022 at around 50" with the biggest bull of the year measuring 58 1/4.

Measurements are not as important as age to us,
It certainly seemed like all of our animals were in the winter of their lives. I think to say "past breeding" understated at least a few by a fair margin.

One of our free range areas:
IMG20220603090237.jpg

That’s beautiful country! How large an area is it? I assume by free range you mean no fence entirely or just a low (cattle) fence?
Its all cattle country. Wouldn't be able to tell you the size, as I've never seen the end, but sure that I can find out for you. Some parts are simply impossible to get to since there are no roads and as you can see there is some rough country. When we hunt these free range areas for certain species such as Kudu, we are required to apply for permits for these specific areas as we are only allowed a limited quota by our local nature conservation board, per block.
Other species that we encounter in these areas are Nyala, Bushbuck, Duiker and Warthog. The odd Waterbuck will move through these areas as well.

Its all cattle country. Wouldn't be able to tell you the size, as I've never seen the end, but sure that I can find out for you. Some parts are simply impossible to get to since there are no roads and as you can see there is some rough country. When we hunt these free range areas for certain species such as Kudu, we are required to apply for permits for these specific areas as we are only allowed a limited quota by our local nature conservation board, per block.
Other species that we encounter in these areas are Nyala, Bushbuck, Duiker and Warthog. The odd Waterbuck will move through these areas as well.
Nice! Thanks for the information. Is that specific area in the Eastern Cape?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindi9161

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.