Krieghoff Classic Big Five Pricing

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 8.38.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 8.38.58 AM.png
    554 KB · Views: 308
Attached is the invoice from Griffin and Howe I promised I would post. The numbers are based on a 2750 pound, $3300 double gun I purchased from William Evans in London on 27 October, 2016.

Jerome or Brickburn, if the document doesn't open correctly, please help!

Attachments

• G&H document.pdf
    609.6 KB · Views: 321
Thank you for posting the costs. I would assume that you could get it done cheaper than through G&H. Thy are charging at least $400 for their fee and barrel engraving. But this proves my point. You can buy a classic big five for @$8k plus importing of @$1k as opposed to 13k domestically. I am wondering if krieghoff is charging the us customer more.

I purchased a Krieghoff Classic Big Five in .470 NE via an add in GunsInternational.com from Westley Richards for $8,500 through a dealer in FL who handled all of the import costs for $750. I had to pay an additional 3.1% duty on thye cost of the firearm. I ended up with what I believe to be one of the best looking Krieghoffs around at a total cost of Just over $9600 plus $35 for my FFL.

upload_2019-3-26_10-34-45.png
upload_2019-3-26_10-36-33.png
upload_2019-3-26_10-42-35.png

Gorgeous rifle, was that new?

No, but almost. Two little dings in stock, not scratches but compression dings. I can't immagine that this rifle has seen much time in the bush. It is still in transit and will be for 3-4 more weeks, but I'll let you know when I get it.

I think you got a great deal on a gorgeous rifle. Congratulations. Those don't come around very often.

Easiest way to avoid hurtful recoil is to find a stock that fits and hold tight like your first lover. I have been bruised by lesser calibers due to a less than firm hold on my rifle. When my son turned 18, I told him I would buy him a rifle for a long promised moose hunt in Newfoundland. He, despite my recommendation selected a .300 Wby Mag with a fluted barrel and ultralight composite stock. Hardest recoiling rifle I ever fired. We had to change the LOP, the recoil pad and added a muzzle brake before it could be used with out pain.

Ive looked at the rifle on GI as well! Great purchase and gorgeous rifle.

I agree. I looked long and hard for this rifle. When I saw it, I waffled a few days because I had started a Blaser Big Bore build with the purchase of a Savanna colored Professional stock. After a few days, I showed photos of the Krieghoff to my wife who said "It's beautiful!!, Do you want it?, If you do, you should buy it." I immediately contacted the seller who uttered the three little words I was afraid to hear: "It's been sold!". I uttered a prayer to God "Lord, I really want this rifle and if it is Your will, You will grant it to me, but if not, I'm already thrilled with the blessings I had already received.". Three weeks and few prayers later, I got it an email from the seller: "The original buyer never sent any money, you can buy the rifle.". Moral of the story: Love the Lord, Love your wife, And both will bless you.

Red Leg, I have read those reports and in talking to the seller he stated he actually liked to shoot the blaser 500NE over the Krieghoff 500/416NE. I believe, although I have not check yet, that the blaser has a mercury recoil reducer in the stock. In addition it has a very nice palm swell in the stock. It points nicely and the action is much smoother than the Krieghoff. I have read about the decocking feature but I have no issue with it because as a bird hunter, my natural motion is always to work the "safety" when bringing the gun up or down. It is just natural to me.
I imagine The Recoil on both are significant it's a good thing you don't shoot a 500 at Skeet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdwinaHedr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you