Kenya's Embassador to Namibia sacked over hunting there

A white couple that was instrumental in getting hunting banned in Kenya in 1977 was featured in a PBS special (made about 99 or 2000) The husband had passed but the wife, when interviewed, admitted that she had made a mistake. Elephant numbers in 1977, when the two were railing against the blood thirsty hunters, were 175,000 and by 1997 were 17,000. (her data not mine) a loss of about 91%. Nearly a qtr century since, there is still no common sense. The reason? NGO and wealthy libs keep local politicians well paid. Many of them leave Kenya when enriched adequately. Proponents of the ban claimed that the 97 count was artificially low since elephant migrate across borders. Perhaps, but as we all know, controlled hunting was the most effective anti-poaching tool. .........FWB

I would have thought it was his cultural heritage to be able to hunt. Would be an interesting court case for unfair dismissal. Not sure how you can be punished for doing a legal act in one country by the government of another. I believe that maintaining cultural heritage is one of the UN's Human Rights

International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights

Article 15

1. The States Parties to the present Covenant recognize the right of everyone:

(a) To take part in cultural life;

Also engaging in hunting and, in the Kenyatta family, poaching would mean that a large number of the Kenyatta family and their cronies should go to jail as well for instigating the rampant ivory and rhino poaching after they banned legal hunting. Right from the top, the whole family was involved. It is all very well documented in a book titled "The Africans" by David Lamb, a journalist who spent much of his time in and writing about African politics. A great read for those interested in how independence for African nations that held so much promise ended in abject failure. Definitely worth getting yourself a copy.

I swore I recently read about how Kenyan officials/ ambassadors were caught doing side deals under the table abroad. And the government didn't dump them. But I guess that's apart of the "Kenyan way" but hunting isn't.....

I dont know...from the Kenyans' perspective, I kinda see why they fired him. If you represent your country, you have to adhere to their values (right or wrong) when you are abroad. He clearly knew what he was doing went against the laws and values of his country.

Nice kudu though

https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampproje...6m9XJl6Z7FtQ3i_QKsxU5qZ7MVh_mJnqQochGKO8k69-c
Animal Rights vs Hunters - Who really helps the animals?

Hitting the nail hard and straight with this article. Chris Dorsey (y)
Feel free to pass on as far as wide as you can.
So animal right groups are basking on the beach with millions earning good interest.
While we as hunters spend hard earned money on the ground putting it back into nature directly following the paper money trail.

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW.............a CNN article of Sept 15, 2021 states that poaching is at an all time high in Kenya. Driven partly by the high unemployment from Covid, bush meat is for sale everywhere. When hunting was legal, before 1977, quotas were a fraction of the total expected poaching kill of 2021. Eland and Giraffe are among the hardest hit animals...............FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg