Kenya to scrap visas for all visitors, President William Ruto says

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles

The tourism industry plays a vital role in Kenya's economy, offering beach holidays along its Indian Ocean coastline and wildlife safaris inland.

Visitors to Kenya from across the world will no longer require a visa from January, President William Ruto said on Tuesday.

Ruto said his government had developed a digital platform to ensure all visitors would receive an electronic travel authorization in advance, instead of needing to apply for a visa.

"It shall no longer be necessary for any person from any corner of the globe to carry the burden of applying for a visa to come to Kenya," he said in a speech in the capital Nairobi at an event to mark 60 years of independence from Britain.

Screenshot_14.jpg

My wife and I went to the Maasai Mara in Kenya and it was one of the most memorable trips I've ever had. Highly recommend Kenya for a photo safari! When we landed at Nairobi, the visa was obtained at the immigration desk and getting through the airport was a breeze.

That would make it easy to add an extra leg onto African travel.

The visa kept us from visiting Kenya this year on the way home from RSA, or rather an application that needed a correction but nobody to approve it on the weekend (visa on arrival was no longer). If they want people to spend money in their country they need to make it easy to enter, I see this as a good move on their part.

The visa kept us from visiting Kenya this year on the way home from RSA, or rather an application that needed a correction but nobody to approve it on the weekend (visa on arrival was no longer). If they want people to spend money in their country they need to make it easy to enter, I see this as a good move on their part.

What country are you from?

US Citizens used to be able to get visas upon arrival… did they get rid of that?

They did get rid of it, as of a year or two ago. If we would have had a longer connection time we probably would have tried to see if they would let us in anyway.

Really interesting. When I went I got a visa ahead of time, and when I arrived, the girls who met me at the airport sent me to the diplomat line. I got through quick as you please.

And I disagree with not going to Kenya because they do not hunt. There are many hunting-sympathetic people (they hunt elsewhere) there if you know where to look and giving them money to keep them afloat sounds like a reasonable thing to do to see some great country.

I think requiring a visa is a small but effective deterrent to tourism. Getting rid of it is a great idea. Heck, we don't even require a passport to live in the USA.............FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DottyB500

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.