Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member of,,Caribou Hunt Club, Stock and Barrel Pistol Range
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
Iv,e been following all the discussions on 404 Jeff and decided as much as I think my 375HH should do the job on Cape Buffalo maybe something just a little larger would work even better so back in December I Bought a used CZ550 Safari Classic in a 375HH caliber. I found a Gunsmith who has done quite a few Modifications to CZs and had the rifle shipped to him. He did all the Mods that were necessary to bring it up to a Factory Spec Rifle with the exception of the 25 3/4" barrel ( I opted for a 24) and went without the Fancy stock upgrade and saved a few bucks, all the internal cross bracing and express sights and Barrel band appear to be as Factory, I also had the Bolt and follower jeweled, I kept the factory bolt handle and will change that somewhere down the line. Right know I'm scrounging the web for Load Info. Heres a few Picks of a not too fancy working mans 404Jeff
IMG_0677.JPG
IMG_0676.JPG
IMG_0676.JPG
IMG_0678.JPG
IMG_0701.jpg
IMG_0693.jpg

It's a beauty for sure, you should be proud. I think it's everything I like in a rifle, without me being the owner:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Congrats!

That will hunt for sure.

Super nice setup, I'm sure you'll enjoy breaking her in.

Congrats on getting her done Rob! Looking great and you really got it done timely.

BTW, turn those scope mount levers straight forward and backwards so the recoil does not work them loose. ;)

Thanks for the lever heads up, anybody out there got some load data they want to share,the web is all over the place,,I was at the reloading store and the only info we could retrieve was from an old guide which called for 62gr of IMR 3031 seems it would leave a lot of empty space in the case

Check out loaddata.com I just did a quick search and there seems to be some there

a fine rifle and a fine cartridge, congratulations!

-matt

Congrats, enjoy!

My .404 is loaded with 400 woodleighs and 84gr Adi 2209(Hodgen 4350) and Fed 215m primer. Getting just over 2300fps.
The Adi manual also lists 71gr 2208/varget with 400gr for 2100fps.

I like it. Great rifle! I hope you enjoy hunting with it.

What Leupold scope do you have on the rifle?
Remember when leupold had the 100.00 rebate on V3s ?, I took advantage of the offer and put a 1.5 x4 on it

My .404 is loaded with 400 woodleighs and 84gr Adi 2209(Hodgen 4350) and Fed 215m primer. Getting just over 2300fps.
The Adi manual also lists 71gr 2208/varget with 400gr for 2100fps.
Thanks I just happen to have some 400gr Woodleighs and some Hogden 4350

A fine looking rifle indeed.

Stug's loads are on with my Jeffery gets with those loads nice to see conversion to American powder equivalents.

What bullets will you be using ?
Right now I have some 400gr Woodleigh Solids. but I will be looking into other weights, shapes and Powders, til I find what the Rifle likes the best. This will be a Cape Buff Rifle so Shock and Awe inside a 100yds is my goal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.