John Sharp's New Book Facing Down Fear

Purchased the book the other day in Cape Town. Excellent reading.

Any word on the books @tarbe ?

I am picking up the first slug of books tomorrow.

Once I have the books I will get with the Post Office to determine mail and mailer cost.

Then I will let everyone know via PM where to send $$ and will ship as payment is received.

Tim's distribution center...........

upload_2018-12-5_16-26-15.png

I am picking up the first slug of books tomorrow.

Once I have the books I will get with the Post Office to determine mail and mailer cost.

Then I will let everyone know via PM where to send $$ and will ship as payment is received.

Tim, I don't want to make your job any harder than it is, but at this point would it be just as easy if I pick it up from you at DSC?

If you would prefer mailing, that is fine too.

Tim, I don't want to make your job any harder than it is, but at this point would it be just as easy if I pick it up from you at DSC?

If you would prefer mailing, that is fine too.

I would love to deliver at DSC!

Saves you postage $ and me some work.

Thanks for being the legman Tim!! :D Look forward to seeing the book. Just let me know where to send it when you get to me.

I would love to deliver at DSC!

Saves you postage $ and me some work.

Fantastic. Just bring mine to the show and I will pay you there. Maybe even get John to sign it.;)

Appreciate your going out of your way to do this!

Tim, I can pick up at DSC also if you agree. Just let me know.

I am in email contact with the fellow John has set up as his U.S. point of sale.

He and John have both indicated a shipment of books will be headed to the States “soon”.

Last I heard only soft covers have been produced to date, but hard covers (and even a limited edition) will follow.

Tim
i believe there is an e mail read also.

Gents

If you ordered a book through me and want to pick up at DSC vs mailing, please PM me to let me know.

Sierraone and Wheels - I have you both down as DSC pick-up, so no need to PM.

I won't know what postage is until I get a chance to mail the first book...and I am out of town after tomorrow and until mid-next week. So PMs to let the non-DSC pick-up folks know how much to send won't go out until after I get home and have a chance to get postage correct. I don't want to guess and then have some folks send too much.

Tim

FYI, here is the current list for AH folks. Let me know if changes are needed:

@Royal27 1 soft
@Bullthrower338 1 hard
@IdaRam 1 soft
@sierraone 1 soft
@cagkt3 1 hard
@rinehart0050 1 soft
@Wheels 1 soft
@Pheroze 1 soft
@Hogpatrol 1 soft
@Shootist43 1 soft
@375 Ruger Fan 1 hard
@Badger Matt 2 soft
@rcgarcia84 1 soft
@sestoppelman 1 soft
@cvanb 1 hard
@flat8 1 soft
@AZDAVE 1 soft
@buck wild 1 soft
@Graham Hunter 2 soft
@ActionBob 1 soft
@Ironhorse375 1 soft
@65jeffrey 1 soft
@rustyzipper 1 soft
@ve7poi 1 soft

Last edited:
John is you soft cover book available in South Africa and where? I saw a pic of you with Johnny Vivier at the expo - great guys together. By the way as a young man it was a toss up wether to join the BSAP in my day or the IDF (Israeli Defence Force) I chose the latter and also published a book 'The Apple Orchard.' (not about hunting wild life but terrorists) Would be nice to know where I can buy your book.
Happy hunting all.

Steven

I believe the books are now available locally in South Africa.

Tim

Bought mine from Safari&Outdoor in Rivonia two weeks ago. Excellent read

FYI, here is the current list for AH folks. Let me know if changes are needed:

@Royal27 1 soft
@Bullthrower338 1 hard
@IdaRam 1 soft
@sierraone 1 soft
@cagkt3 1 hard
@rinehart0050 1 soft
@Wheels 1 soft
@Pheroze 1 soft
@Hogpatrol 1 soft
@Shootist43 1 soft
@375 Ruger Fan 1 hard
@Badger Matt 2 soft
@rcgarcia84 1 soft
@sestoppelman 1 soft
@cvanb 1 hard
@flat8 1 soft
@AZDAVE 1 soft
@buck wild 1 soft
@Graham Hunter 2 soft
@ActionBob 1 soft
@Ironhorse375 1 soft
@65jeffrey 1 soft
@rustyzipper 1 soft
@ve7poi 1 soft

Add WAB 1 hard copy

Awesome.

Thanks Tim!

@tarbe Please PM me so I can arrange pick up for my books. Thanks.

Went to the PO today and grilled the lady at the counter regarding my options for shipping dozens of these books.

She convinced me that the smallest padded media mailer would be best from a cost and security standpoint (the soft cover fits tightly in the mailer and doesn't shift around - therefore doesn't get a running start at a tear!).

So here are the official mailing costs:

CONUS and Alaska (really? Alaska costs the same as Texas?): $4.76

Canada: $17.59 (ouch! You Canadians are subsidizing the Alaskans!)

Hard cover books that need to ship are not going into mailer pouches...the edges on the bood sleeve are too sharp (no pun intended) and I do not want to risk damage to a $250 book!

Hards will get wrapped and secured inside a medium flat rate box. $12.45

So please just add the appropriate shipping cost to your book order ($60 for soft and $250 for numbered/autographed hards). Then send me your address in a PM and I will work on getting books out.

This will be on the honor system. I will ship as I get addresses and have the books to ship.

My trip to MO got postponed, so I will be making a PO run tomorrow!

If you are going to pick up at DSC or HSC, PM me that info too, and I will update my spreadsheet.

I will PM you when your book ships.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg