John Rigby rifle

Patrillos

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hi everyone
I am new here, and have a good chance to get a new John Rigby bolt rifle, model Mauser 98 P.H. chambered in 416 Rigby. Any input about this gun? Which mannufactured ammo does he like.
Thank you in advance

I have a Rigby Highland Stalker in 9.3x62. It is an outstanding rifle. Rigby stands behind their product. I would not hesitate on the .416.

I wish I was in a position to buy one right now. Great rifles from what I know!

I have owned a Rigby double square bridge PH model in 416 rigby for over 2 years now and have not experienced any issues. It’s fit, finish and feeding are perfect. Silky smooth in operation, as expected. I have used Norma and Winchester factory loads and Woodleigh reloads, all feed flawlessly.

Never heard of a feeding issue with a Rigby.

Looking for...
Screenshot_20200818-104416.png
Screenshot_20200818-110856.jpg

I have a new Rigby Big Game in 416 Rigby and have been practicing with it on the range using Federal's 400 gr. Swift A-Frame and 400 gr. Trophy Bonded Bear Claw ammo. The Mauser action feeds and retracts beautifully--no problems at all. (Just keep in mind that it's a magnum length action and you need to pull the bolt all the way back.) It's a beautiful rifle that I am looking forward to taking to Africa next July.
And I completely agree with the other posters on Rigby's commitment to service. Gary, the U.S. rep. and Mark in London have both been very responsive and helpful. I recommend the rifle without exception.

I have owned a Rigby double square bridge PH model in 416 rigby for over 2 years now and have not experienced any issues. It’s fit, finish and feeding are perfect. Silky smooth in operation, as expected. I have used Norma and Winchester factory loads and Woodleigh reloads, all feed flawlessly.
Can you tell me how much did you pay for him?. Thanks

I have a Rigby 275 built in 1969 absolutley no feeding issues.
MarkCZ

I have a new Rigby Big Game in 416 Rigby and have been practicing with it on the range using Federal's 400 gr. Swift A-Frame and 400 gr. Trophy Bonded Bear Claw ammo. The Mauser action feeds and retracts beautifully--no problems at all. (Just keep in mind that it's a magnum length action and you need to pull the bolt all the way back.) It's a beautiful rifle that I am looking forward to taking to Africa next July.
And I completely agree with the other posters on Rigby's commitment to service. Gary, the U.S. rep. and Mark in London have both been very responsive and helpful. I recommend the rifle without exception.
I went to the range today with the Rigby and except for one flinch, shot two tight groups of 4 rounds at 100 yards. The rifle is great and I'm getting used to the recoil. However, 8 rounds of Federal's Swift A-Frame and TBBC (4 each) set me back almost $100.

What is the current USA (US Dollars ) street Price on the Rigby Big Game PH model? I believe the Rigby’s are quite a bit less expensive in Europe. What is the going price in Europe?

Congratulations on your new .416 Rigby. What scope are you going to use?

What is the current USA (US Dollars ) street Price on the Rigby Big Game PH model? I believe the Rigby’s are quite a bit less expensive in Europe. What is the going price in Europe?
Depends on how much engraving is on the rifle and whether you get wood upgrades, but starting at around $15000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!