J. Sip & Sons

jlb1036

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jun 19, 2011
Messages
251
Reaction score
352
Location
RHODE ISLAND
Media
14
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Hunted
ELK,BEAR,WHITE TAIL DERR BLACK TAIL DEER WILD HOG
In 2021 I paid them for 2 barrels took them 1 year to finally send me the barrels
once I tried them both were not head spaced correctly and showed case seperation see attached pics.
on both the 375 wby and 340 wby i did check them with no go gaged and off corse
i was able to close the bolt also the barrels were also difficult to tighten them with the wrench thus also
the tolerance to the reciever was of.
took me several call and email no anwser finally made contact with them and was asked to returned them
i did early feb 2023 guess what now im out of my barrels and money and have called them dozen times to anwser
and emailed no response Im frustated with them all i want my money back and please please do not ask them for any work
you will be sorry .
I have even sent them certified mail and they have not even attempted to contact me

unnamed.jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Damn few bargains in gunsmithing work. Sorry about your experience.
 
I wish I would have read this before buying mine. My bolt wouldn't close all the way so I sent it back. He said he resolved the issue and didnt send it back until I emailed him SEVERAL times. I just got min back and I have the same problem. I am super pissed.

20241008_183001.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's been over two years that I've been trying to reach you guys. The phones are disconnected. I've emailed them multiple times and even sent them certified letters and I don't have a response. Never got my barrels back this morning. I've been asking them to return my money, and no answers.
 
It's been over two years that I've been trying to reach you guys. The phones are disconnected. I've emailed them multiple times and even sent them certified letters and I don't have a response. Never got my barrels back this morning. I've been asking them to return my money, and no answers.
Get a lawyer to send a demand letter. Depending on where this dirtbag operates, there may be laws in place for consumer protection that could be helpful.

This shit really bugs me. A machinist can use mechanics lein laws to retain my stuff if I don't pay him. But I can't enter his property and seize my stuff if he doesn't do the work. Hopefully this turd gave you a receipt for your gun. Do you have proof that he has it? Email correspondence may suffice if he responded acknowledging receipt.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,316
Messages
1,572,670
Members
169,602
Latest member
EvaOliva6
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top