I've got a .243!

Wait, WHAT? @Bob Nelson 35Whelen had a set of reloading dies for 243? No way, he must have been drunk or something. No way @Bob Nelson 35Whelen would have anything with 243 in his shop, let alone his hands touch it. No way! The world is ending! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, good deal on your new rifle and components. I still own the first centerfire rifle I bought when I was 19 years old, it's a Rem 700 ADL, in 243. I killed a lot deer with that rifle, using the old Sierra 100 grs GameKings. I also reloaded using the old Lee Loader, and it produced accurate enough ammo for the hunting conditions I dealt with in South Florida. Good luck to ya!
I'm still reloading .243 with a Lee Loader Kit...I just FL size the brass every so often and anneal it when the mood strikes.

I feel you there... @Bob Nelson 35Whelen had .243 gear...they just don't make closet doors like they used to...
 
Wait, WHAT? @Bob Nelson 35Whelen had a set of reloading dies for 243? No way, he must have been drunk or something. No way @Bob Nelson 35Whelen would have anything with 243 in his shop, let alone his hands touch it. No way! The world is ending! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, good deal on your new rifle and components. I still own the first centerfire rifle I bought when I was 19 years old, it's a Rem 700 ADL, in 243. I killed a lot deer with that rifle, using the old Sierra 100 grs GameKings. I also reloaded using the old Lee Loader, and it produced accurate enough ammo for the hunting conditions I dealt with in South Florida. Good luck to ya!
@PARA45
I had the dies so I could load PROPER hunting bullets for my mates instead of 87gn VMAX.
95gn VMAX made a BIG difference in on game performance.
Bob
 
Excuse me while I go and fondle my wife's .243.
wink.gif
 
Sure, sure, sure!!!!! You are a "In the closet" 243 lover. You've been putting up this mask making us believe you are one tough hombre, when you in reality like the little mouse killer 243. LMAO!!!!!
 
Sure, sure, sure!!!!! You are a "In the closet" 243 lover. You've been putting up this mask making us believe you are one tough hombre, when you in reality like the little mouse killer 243. LMAO!!!!!
He's a masked and closeted .243 lover! Oh no !!!:K Flowers::K Whipping: Went in looking for a coat and came back scarred for life.:eek: The Profoundly Limited Acceptable Spectrum Of Ballistics (PLASOB) will never be sane...ahem...the same!!!:E Lol:
 
I’m mighty proud of you, Russ. The .243 Winchester is an absolute beauty for muntjac deer, roe deer and up to impala sized African plains game.

I always knew that old Bobby secretly loved the .243 Winchester, underneath all that anti-.243 bravado.
 
I’m mighty proud of you, Russ. The .243 Winchester is an absolute beauty for muntjac deer, roe deer and up to impala sized African plains game.

I always knew that old Bobby secretly loved the .243 Winchester, underneath all that anti-.243 bravado.
@Hunter Habib
The only reason I had 243 dies is my mates didn't reload and I offered to do it for them.
At least I could control the projectile they used on game and match the bullet to the game.
The 95gn SST looked the same as thier useless 87gn V Max but worked better on game. When I stopped reloading for them they went back to the V Max and the wounding rate went up.
At least @Badboymelvin will use proper bullets.
I STILL DON'T LIKE THE 243 BUT THATS ME.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,254
Messages
1,570,857
Members
169,187
Latest member
Erptrainingpk
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top