Issues with the Artistry of Wildlife

Aaron N
+1

Did you not say, the your elk was excellent? And that you asked him to space out your work as you did not want to pay all at once? So far, we have only heard your version, and you seem to want to trash him at every opportunity.
The elk now has cracks around the eyes. This has its own thread here on AH.com
As far as my request to space out the work.
I asked him to do two mounts per year over a 5 year period.
I recieved 2 of 11 before my wife and I sent him the email to end all work and bill us for the completed work then prepare for us to pick it all up done or not. The elk was supposedly being done at that email but not quite finished.
Trash him?
Nope....he did it all himself
Funny....All I'm doing is telling a story and it's damn factual at that!!! Sorry you tire of it.

Last edited:
So that we are on the same page, you’d recommend the guy who did this work?

We get that you had a less than stellar experience, but this is going well and beyond leaving a poor review.

Move on, and find a new taxidermist

View attachment 399712View attachment 399713View attachment 399714View attachment 399715View attachment 399716View attachment 399717View attachment 399718

Sorry.....
English is a lost art on my end...
No I don't recomend him and will ponder your advice for about five seconds....

Last edited:
Something new or helpful to add, please do.
If you get any blow back from members, take it as a sign.:S Beat Dead Horse:

The problem just doesn’t end

I don’t reconcile those two statements. I think the complainers won’t be so happy after they get the fast taxidermy they want. Go for it. Plenty of fast bad taxidermy out there.

Others instead say ”my guy is just great” but in my opinion their guy isn‘t great, he’s mediocre. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I looked at pics on the websites of some of the recommended taxidermists and their work isn’t for me.

Some people will praise fast over quality every time. (They like McDonalds) Others want better and will wait longer.

Google Ken Walker or Rick Carter taxidermy. Both of these guys are considered legends in the taxidermy industry and they have served as competition judges. So their work can hardly be called mediocre or "Mcdonald's level". Now i don't know what exactly their turnaround times are nowadays but they are both capable and willing to answer an email or a text about your mount's progress...

Dennis has the animals from our safari on the shop floor being mounted. Delivery is tentatively scheduled for early June. I'll be posting photos once I receive the completed mounts.
When did your animals arrive to Dennis? I know guys that have been waiting 4.5 yrs for simple stuff, not large modified lifesize mounts. Just a couple relatively simple items. :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard anything recently from Dennis Harris/Artistry of Wildlife? Have not been able to get in touch with him, and noticed he has not posted anything in facebook. Which is unusual for him. Wondering if he is OK.

Has anyone heard anything recently from Dennis Harris/Artistry of Wildlife? Have not been able to get in touch with him, and noticed he has not posted anything in facebook. Which is unusual for him. Wondering if he is OK.

i spoke with him about 60 days ago. His nephew delivered my Buffalo around 45 days ago. He’s hard to reach, playing catch up on taxidermy backlog.

Expect a delayed response.

Reactions: BWH
Dennis has the animals from our safari on the shop floor being mounted. Delivery is tentatively scheduled for early June. I'll be posting photos once I receive the completed mounts.

We are past "early" June
Have you recieved anything?

So....
He missed his delivery promise

Tell me a taxidermist who doesn't miss it, that is unless he has very few clients or he treats certain customers better.

Reactions: BWH
Dennis told me delivery would be this week. Shooting for Wednesday or Thursday.

Tell me a taxidermist who doesn't miss it, that is unless he has very few clients or he treats certain customers better.

Taxidermy....
It's kinda like gunsmiths and anything custom.
Dennis told me delivery would be this week. Shooting for Wednesday

Fantastic news!!
Keep us posted.

There is one taxidermist sponsor here on the forum that advertises 90 days turnaround time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg