Islamic State insurgency Mozambique

And the only way they were defeated is when Russia dropped pamphlets saying to evacuate grozny by a certain point because they were going to level it
Exactly. This is what should be done in Palma. Get all civilians out and then annihilate the terrorists. There are very few mountains in that part of Mozambique so they won't be able to hide in any caves like in Afghanistan. Their best shot at escaping would be to hide in the forests, which also happens to be near the Tanzanian army.

Yip I also survived a attempted hi jacking last wednesday....reaction time and my military training and being armed saved the day and being armed.....my guardian angel was with me.....could have gone either way....fu...them will deal with the charges as we go...
Whaat. That is scary. Just came home from a round trip in South Africa (No hunting this time though) travelling around for 5 weeks, including spending some days with friends in Pretoria. Where did these hijackings happen ? Regards, Jon

Centurion....

just saw this news clip

The greed of African leaders have destroyed the once beautiful continent that has so much natural resources. They birthed these things but can control them. So sad.
The world would be so balance once Africa leaders and their corruption comes to an end.

The greed of African leaders have destroyed the once beautiful continent that has so much natural resources. They birthed these things but can control them. So sad.
The world would be so balance once Africa leaders and their corruption comes to an end.
Although I agree that the situation in Northern Mozambique is a consequence of corruption, the insurgency is most definitely not caused by chaos due to angry locals. It was most likely funded by a wealthy, foreign terrorist family. The Islamic State has been beaten up pretty badly in East Africa so they probably thought it would be a good idea to strike Southern Africa as their influence in Somalia gets smaller and smaller.

After this whole insurgency is dealt with, as it probably will be, the Mozambique government needs to take a long hard look at itself so that this isn't able to happen again.

that's what happens when borders are drawn by the British with no regard for tribal lines. also thats what happens when someone goes from living in extreme poverty and then ruling a country, they dont want to give it up

that's what happens when borders are drawn by the British with no regard for tribal lines. also thats what happens when someone goes from living in extreme poverty and then ruling a country, they dont want to give it up
I completely agree with you 100%. The Brit caused a lot of problems in Africa and sadly they rules most of the lands. I travelled a lot to W.Africa and i found out that in Nigeria alone there are over 200 languages. The country is about to implode now all because of tribal differences and power struggle.

Try reading the scramble for africa before you apportion blame....plenty countries carved africa up....you sound a bit like the woke people to me....

Try reading the scramble for africa before you apportion blame....plenty countries carved africa up....you sound a bit like the woke people to me....
But you can't deny that he has a point. 20 tribes in one country and 20 languages. there's bound to be leadership problems.

But you can't deny that he has a point. 20 tribes in one country and 20 languages. there's bound to be leadership problems.

Makes no difference whether was before or now....Africans are very tribal so back then leadership was by the most powerful and strongest tribe...and that isnt going to change anytime soon ....

So you are saying these isis terrorists are a tribe that have always been in Moz and they have suddenly arosen from the bush? And that somehow this is a leadership issue?

These fuckers dont care about tribes or leadership they live by there own rules and should be eliminated/cancelled/killed at all costs...simple as that....

RSA has 35 different languages and ethnic groups of which 11 are official so I guess we are really in trouble.....we who live here have known that for a long time.....

Makes no difference whether was before or now....Africans are very tribal so back then leadership was by the most powerful and strongest tribe...and that isnt going to change anytime soon ....
Not in modern days. Its a necessary change for the is need for the growth of the continent as a whole. It makes on region prosperous and the other poor and starving. Such country will always have insurgency, banditry, terrorism which is a created out of poverty, ignorance.

Not in modern days. Its a necessary change for the is need for the growth of the continent as a whole. It makes on region prosperous and the other poor and starving. Such country will always have insurgency, banditry, terrorism which is a created out of poverty, ignorance.

Not sure what you are talking about/meaning....I am telling you the simple fact that tribalism is very strong .....and it's not going to change soon...but if you know better fine...

No offense @spike.t, but how is that woke? I fully agree that it wasn't just Britain that raped Africa, but that doesn't distract from the fact that the empire still caused tremendous fuckups for the continent albeit not in Mozambique. No, before you accuse me of anything, I'm not "woke."

yes I'm aware that Britain wasn't the only nation that had colonies, Germany, France, and the Dutch all had African colonies, they all effected them in both positive and negative ways. I'm not woke, I'm just saying that things like the Rwandan genocide wouldn't have been as bad if the political and tribal tensions were not as high. I understand that the issues in Mozambique are mostly fueled by a few insane militants that are willing to do anything necessary for their cause, even if that means they kill civilians. also just because a nation has a lot of different languages and cultural differences doesn't mean they cant work together, or coexist. the problem that is currently plaguing PARTS of Africa is corrupt leadership. when Africa's countries have proper leadership they can be extremely clean and nice. a perfect example would be Rwanda, they came out of one of the worst genocides in history and rebuilt their nation to be one of the cleanest and safest in Africa, today they continue to thrive under Paul kagame.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not making much headway....its such a massive area that it's very difficult to try and find them, let alone get control of the areas....massive amounts of weapons from when Libya went to shit and open supply routes from those north african countries that are a mess....
Yes, this is what I was told when I was in CAR in 2016. Obama and Hilary tipped over Gaddafi in Libya and a lot of Libyan arms went south. This caused all kinds of mayhem to include elephant poaching and destabilization of several countries.

What we are seeing in Moz and in several other African countries is a symptom of the Europeans pulling out many years ago probably too quickly due to political pressures and rebellion. I understand the black African people wanting self-rule but without enough educated people to run the governments and ministries, it's become a corrupt mess. Now, the USA and most European countries look at the situation as somewhat of a quagmire with no easy answers. If they come back in to establish peace and root out corruption, they would be criticized and accused of colonialization all over again.

Here in North America and Central America, we are seeing the same problems unfold in Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, etc... Right now in northern Mexico, there is a big bloody battle going on between two cartels and the Mexican government is neck deep in it and involved all the way to the top. Biden made the big mistake of lowering border security and now we are being overrun with illegal immigration. It might sound crazy but the best thing that could happen for all involved would be for the USA to take over Mexico and much of Central America and turn those countries into more US states. We could bring some sort of organized government and infrastructure to these countries and it would benefit everyone. These countries have vast natural resources and tourism that should be put to better use for everyone instead of the corrupt governments down there. Hell, most Mexicans and Central Americans are trying to come to the USA anyway! Why not bring the USA to them??!!

Two things
1)
If the Rhodesian bush war (and other wars around the globe where terrorists don't wear uniforms and live in barracks) taught us anything it's the lesson that a conventional army/war is pretty ineffective against terrorists. They see you coming they drop their weapon and just become "a civilian".
this is the devil of it.
2)
No conflict is fought for non profit; who is getting paid? Whos paying for the arms and munitions?
We may define it as a religious conflict, but rest assured someone is looking at the bottom line and trying to turn a profit. I suspect they are looking at that LNG project as a end state objective.

Pat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wovoka

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?