Is Johan Calitz operating in Botswana?

WilhelmM

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA
It’ll be a little while before I’ll go on my first elephant hunt therefore I’m using all the time I need to find a quality outfitter. Johan Calitz Safaris caught my eye and my heart warmed knowing that Botswana is lifting the ban on dangerous game hunting. All I need to know is if he still has access to his areas...

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I believe that he still has NG41, I am not certain beyond that. Things really got shuffled up through the reopening and then the COVID shutdown.

WilhelmM

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA
I believe that he still has NG41, I am not certain beyond that. Things really got shuffled up through the reopening and then the COVID shutdown.
That's good to hear. I was worried that he lost all of his concessions during the ban.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I don’t believe so but I could be mistaken. Elephant, buffalo and leopard are open.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Contact Johan. I’m sure he’s still hunting. I’d love to hunt with him.

cal

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Zambia, Scotland
Jeff Rann is definitely still hunting in Botswana, you could get hold of him as well. He has a concession, CT1 and has bid on and won 2 different community areas with great Elephant on them, CT4 and NG9.

Scott CWO

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
Johan is still operating in Botswana NG41. I'm going this year if able to travel.

Jeff Rann never responded to my emails or calls.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Len Taylor is now in Botswana as well.

cal

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Zambia, Scotland
Johan is still operating in Botswana NG41. I'm going this year if able to travel.

Jeff Rann never responded to my emails or calls.
Hi Scott. Jeff is a good friend of mine, I told him that you had tried to contact him but were unable to. He said he'd look into it and get back to you. I'm sure its too late for this year but just thought I'd let you know. Hope you have a great hunt! Good luck!

Scott CWO

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
Hi Scott. Jeff is a good friend of mine, I told him that you had tried to contact him but were unable to. He said he'd look into it and get back to you. I'm sure its too late for this year but just thought I'd let you know. Hope you have a great hunt! Good luck!
@cal thank you. I left a voicemail. Also sent an email in which I outlined my African experience so he would know I was seriously interested. When I didn’t hear back, I figured maybe he was all booked up with the carryover from 2020. I’m booked for early June but I am available in April as well. In May, I will be in Alaska.

Reactions: cal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Norden-hunt

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh