Is anyone booking Flights for Next year yet?

DieJager

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
Netherlands, Portugal, USA [FL]
I am waiting for a finalized offer. When all of the details are worked out I will go end of may beginning of June. Small chance for march or april

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Just a heads up. I was on Qatar airlines the other day and they are running their promotional business class fares for some of next year already depending on when and where your destination is. Jennifer at Travel Express was able to get my flights to Johannesburg for May 2021 booked.
What route and how much for Business class?

Wade J VanGinkel

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I'll be booking my flights for late April this week.
Like others I'm afraid pricing or seat availability might get tight if I wait until later.
Looking at about $1200 from Eagle Colorado to joburg on Qatar with a very long flight.

KHohertz

Reaction score
Philip I will be flying Dallas to Qatar to Johannesburg. Price was around 3700 round trip business class. Hope this helps.
Wade I agree with the possibility of flight availability being an issue later in the year.

Rare Breed

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
This year I moved up to one level above comfort+. My round trip from Atlanta to OR all in with travel insurance was $2400

Rare Breed

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I could have gone with Quatar for one stop before OR for a total cost of $1200 but did not want to both risk my gun delayed and trip too long. Delta direct only 15 hours. Due to these two reasons I took Delta

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA, Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
I could have gone with Quatar for one stop before OR for a total cost of $1200 but did not want to both risk my gun delayed and trip too long. Delta direct only 15 hours. Due to these two reasons I took Delta

Why would your gun be delayed? I've heard nothing about Qatar and delayed guns.

375Fox

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, Namibia, South Africa
Just to add to this. I’m having to fly domestic a lot for work. Flights are a disaster right now, last schedule was changed 3 times in week prior to flight. Until things return to semi-normal and people are traveling regularly again, I don’t think you can trust to actually get the flight schedule you book.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted
Just to add to this. I’m having to fly domestic a lot for work. Flights are a disaster right now, last schedule was changed 3 times in week prior to flight. Until things return to semi-normal and people are traveling regularly again, I don’t think you can trust to actually get the flight schedule you book.

Weather, pilot/crew scheduling, maintenance issues, lead to that time tested expression: "Time to spare, take to the air". :D

375Fox

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, Namibia, South Africa
Weather, pilot/crew scheduling, maintenance issues, lead to that time tested expression: "Time to spare, take to the air". :D
I think they are putting schedule options up to get people to buy tickets then if plane isn’t full they are combining flights to make the economics work. I’ve visited a lot of new airports lately with the amount of connections I’m forced to make.

chashardy

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Waiting to see when Delta resumes its Atlanta to J'berg flights. I'm booked for a hunt in July 2021.

Woody631

AH member
Reaction score
I booked yesterday for April. Going from Atlanta is same old flight returning not so much. I took the 2 hour stop in Cape Town from Johannesburg. Just a fuel stop no getting off. The othere routes look terrible for me.

Arctic97

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia, Alaska, Idaho, Wyoming, Michigan, Missouri, California
Waiting to see when Delta resumes its Atlanta to J'berg flights. I'm booked for a hunt in July 2021.

I am wondering if Delta's old Flt 200/201 route is going to add the Capetown tag leg on the return like they have talked about.....
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-cape-town-bookable/

upload_2020-6-28_15-11-57.png

Arctic97

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia, Alaska, Idaho, Wyoming, Michigan, Missouri, California
I booked yesterday for April. Going from Atlanta is same old flight returning not so much. I took the 2 hour stop in Cape Town from Johannesburg. Just a fuel stop no getting off. The othere routes look terrible for me.

I must have been typing my question up above here when you were posting. I see that this is true, they are going to do the tag leg into CPT on the return leg.

VonJager

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life, DSC, NRA Life, WSF Life
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa.
What are flights costing 1-2 years in advance from east coast U.S.?

Generally 11 and 1/2 months from return date is when it opens.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Hunted

Mark Biggerstaff

Silver supporter
Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
My hunt for this June with Bos en Dal has been rescheduled for June 3-25 2021. Jennifer at Travel Express got me a good enough deal on Qatar business today for those 2021 dates that I went ahead and purchased tickets. Now to hope all the clears up soon. Let the planning begin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cubby

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J
Good morning friends

i‘ve taken to heart a suggestion to tell my story about a lion hunt 37 years ago. ‘I don’t know, but am thinking there are site rules as to posting and file type. Three of the four posts (chapters?) are done, I took time away from here to write up the story. I have a couple of photos too.

also, I’m going to dissemble the rifles and see if Butch may have signed them. I’ll let you know.