Is anyone booking Flights for Next year yet?

I am waiting for a finalized offer. When all of the details are worked out I will go end of may beginning of June. Small chance for march or april

Just a heads up. I was on Qatar airlines the other day and they are running their promotional business class fares for some of next year already depending on when and where your destination is. Jennifer at Travel Express was able to get my flights to Johannesburg for May 2021 booked.
What route and how much for Business class?

I'll be booking my flights for late April this week.
Like others I'm afraid pricing or seat availability might get tight if I wait until later.
Looking at about $1200 from Eagle Colorado to joburg on Qatar with a very long flight.

Philip I will be flying Dallas to Qatar to Johannesburg. Price was around 3700 round trip business class. Hope this helps.
Wade I agree with the possibility of flight availability being an issue later in the year.

Yes. I am hunting the middle of April 2021. I booked flight to OR then bought travel insurance
My costs were similar to when I went in 2019. Already paid and booked

This year I moved up to one level above comfort+. My round trip from Atlanta to OR all in with travel insurance was $2400

I could have gone with Quatar for one stop before OR for a total cost of $1200 but did not want to both risk my gun delayed and trip too long. Delta direct only 15 hours. Due to these two reasons I took Delta

I could have gone with Quatar for one stop before OR for a total cost of $1200 but did not want to both risk my gun delayed and trip too long. Delta direct only 15 hours. Due to these two reasons I took Delta

Why would your gun be delayed? I've heard nothing about Qatar and delayed guns.

Just to add to this. I’m having to fly domestic a lot for work. Flights are a disaster right now, last schedule was changed 3 times in week prior to flight. Until things return to semi-normal and people are traveling regularly again, I don’t think you can trust to actually get the flight schedule you book.

Just to add to this. I’m having to fly domestic a lot for work. Flights are a disaster right now, last schedule was changed 3 times in week prior to flight. Until things return to semi-normal and people are traveling regularly again, I don’t think you can trust to actually get the flight schedule you book.

Weather, pilot/crew scheduling, maintenance issues, lead to that time tested expression: "Time to spare, take to the air". :D

Weather, pilot/crew scheduling, maintenance issues, lead to that time tested expression: "Time to spare, take to the air". :D
I think they are putting schedule options up to get people to buy tickets then if plane isn’t full they are combining flights to make the economics work. I’ve visited a lot of new airports lately with the amount of connections I’m forced to make.

Waiting to see when Delta resumes its Atlanta to J'berg flights. I'm booked for a hunt in July 2021.

I booked yesterday for April. Going from Atlanta is same old flight returning not so much. I took the 2 hour stop in Cape Town from Johannesburg. Just a fuel stop no getting off. The othere routes look terrible for me.

Waiting to see when Delta resumes its Atlanta to J'berg flights. I'm booked for a hunt in July 2021.

I am wondering if Delta's old Flt 200/201 route is going to add the Capetown tag leg on the return like they have talked about.....
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-cape-town-bookable/

upload_2020-6-28_15-11-57.png

Why would your gun be delayed? I've heard nothing about Qatar and delayed guns.
I have not either but do not want to take the risk. The main reason it just takes too long to get there

I booked yesterday for April. Going from Atlanta is same old flight returning not so much. I took the 2 hour stop in Cape Town from Johannesburg. Just a fuel stop no getting off. The othere routes look terrible for me.

I must have been typing my question up above here when you were posting. I see that this is true, they are going to do the tag leg into CPT on the return leg.

What are flights costing 1-2 years in advance from east coast U.S.?

Generally 11 and 1/2 months from return date is when it opens.

My hunt for this June with Bos en Dal has been rescheduled for June 3-25 2021. Jennifer at Travel Express got me a good enough deal on Qatar business today for those 2021 dates that I went ahead and purchased tickets. Now to hope all the clears up soon. Let the planning begin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkdagasv388

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg