Interesting conversation at the airport

The cost for staying at a lodge when you are not hunting should be way less than the normal day rate. With no PH or tracker/drivers to cover, I can't imagine an outfitter not being able get him a place to stay at a very reasonable rate.

The outfitters I know would never gouge you in that situation.
I can’t imagine a reputable Outfitter gouging someone when they are down.
This might have to be added to the “better questions” to ask the Outfitter thread.

I just got back from Namibia this morning, when I flew out the wouldn’t let you on the plane unless you had Covid insurance, it’s a mandatory requirement to get into Namibia

@Spooksar
Please define what coverage was required specific to Covid and what you purchased.
Thanks!

Well, crappy luck or poor planning or poor decisions. It’s going to be one those. Another auction hunt… hmmm? As to the post about a $500 hunt? Maybe another diploma in process?

@Spooksar
Please define what coverage was required specific to Covid and what you purchased.
Thanks!

I have Manulife travel insurance but it does not specify COVID coverage. I ended up upgrading my policy to cover Covid and it wasn’t cheap. Namibia says you need specific insurance to enter. They have refused entry to people that didn’t have it, check entry requirements when traveling nowadays. Luckily my PH was very good at keeping me informed as to entry requirements

Returned from 13 days in Namibia on August 26, never once was questioned regarding Insurance. Travelled Qatar thru Joberg to Airlink to Namibia.

Doesnt alter the fact that the jab has lost its efficacy, to about 50 percent. In short its not doing the job intended, thus the drive for more jabs. It wont ever end.
There a lot of folks out there with 2 jabs coming down with Covid. That is undeniable, so whats the point?
Oh I know, "well you wont die if you get the jab".. OK.
Interesting stats (fake news?). Pfizer goes down to 84% from 96.2% after 6 months, not 50%. ( https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pfizers-ceo-says-efficacy-drops-151003551.html )

"A lot of people" with 2 jabs seem to be 1% of the current hospitalizations the other 99% being the unvaccinated.
(https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid-19-hospitalizations-nonvaccinated)

I'll take those odds at age 65.

Interesting stats (fake news?). Pfizer goes down to 84% from 96.2% after 6 months, not 50%. ( https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pfizers-ceo-says-efficacy-drops-151003551.html )

"A lot of people" with 2 jabs seem to be 1% of the current hospitalizations the other 99% being the unvaccinated.
(https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid-19-hospitalizations-nonvaccinated)

I'll take those odds at age 65.
I wouldnt expect to see the numbers much different from that in anything like regular news sources. They are all on board to push the vaccines with little regard to any negatives involved in the taking of them.
The longer it goes the less likely the jabs become needed by anyone. Many good sources feel that the unvaccinated have a pretty high natural immunity to it already and that makes for a better immunity than the jab.
However if we keep electing idiots to run things, they will have us getting boosters forever!

I wouldnt expect to see the numbers much different from that in anything like regular news sources. They are all on board to push the vaccines with little regard to any negatives involved in the taking of them.
The longer it goes the less likely the jabs become needed by anyone. Many good sources feel that the unvaccinated have a pretty high natural immunity to it already and that makes for a better immunity than the jab.
However if we keep electing idiots to run things, they will have us getting boosters forever!
If the unvaccinated have a pretty high natural immunity already then why are the hospitals are getting overloaded with them e.g. Idaho (red state). Or you think that is also untrue?

I am fine with people not getting vaccinated up to the point of ICU beds filling up so that normal emergencies do not serviced e.g. stroke patients etc.. Then, I'd submit that the unvaccinated have a lower priority as they brought it upon themselves.

If the unvaccinated have a pretty high natural immunity already then why are the hospitals are getting overloaded with them e.g. Idaho (red state). Or you think that is also untrue?

I am fine with people not getting vaccinated up to the point of ICU beds filling up so that normal emergencies do not serviced e.g. stroke patients etc.. Then, I'd submit that the unvaccinated have a lower priority as they brought it upon themselves.
Do you say the same thing about overweight people taking up space? How about smokers waiting for lung transplanst? How about people with too much fat on them and high BP waiting for a new heart or a by pass etc etc.
This is an argument that really galls me. And yeah much of what you tout here is BS perpetrated by the lamestream media carrying the water for Biteme.

This is a bad disease for the elderly, and the obese (who generally have multiple comorbidities - HTN, inflammation, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, etc). For the rest of us, meh. Not a significant threat.

@sestoppelman 's point needs reiterating: JTFC dude that is a TERRIBLE take on things. That really requires some self-examination. In the west, pretty much all the worst disease processes are a function of diet and lifestyle. Do we exclude EVERYBODY from medical treatment who eats poorly and doesn't exercise?

Do you say the same thing about overweight people taking up space? How about smokers waiting for lung transplanst? How about people with too much fat on them and high BP waiting for a new heart or a by pass etc etc.
Actually, in the types of cases you cited transplant committees at hospitals would not approve of the transplant and give priority to those that do not have the underlying conditions.

the edge case of organ transplants does not support such a barbaric position as the one you've staked yourself to. would you deny treatment to a smoker who has pneumonia? would you deny treatment to a fatty who had a heart attack?

Another reason that some hospitals are having problems is staffing issues. Why? Because more than a few in that profession refuse to take the experimental test jab and due to the Biden mandate are then fired.

So, as far as you guys are concerned it is a worldwide conspiracy and the amount of dead worldwide is just fake numbers?

Now, I think the whole thing has been politicized way too much and inconsistent messaging from Biden administration feeds into that as well. It is ridiculous to expect people to get PCR tests and be vaccinated to come into the country legally but to not even bother to test them if they run across the border and let them loose into the general population boggles the mind. It also dilutes messages coming from the administration.

Another reason that some hospitals are having problems is staffing issues. Why? Because more than a few in that profession refuse to take the experimental test jab and due to the Biden mandate are then fired.
They should be fired. It makes no sense for a health worker not to be vaccinated. And the "jab" is no longer "experimental", it has full FDA approval.

Just like here in CA pot is legal for recreational use. Any employee of mine that smokes pot gets fired as being drug free is a condition of employment.

the edge case of organ transplants does not support such a barbaric position as the one you've staked yourself to. would you deny treatment to a smoker who has pneumonia? would you deny treatment to a fatty who had a heart attack?
Denying treatment is different than making an organ available. One of the conditions that is looked at for organ transplants is survivability after the transplant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg