Interested In Hunting Botswana

hntr58

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
NRA Life Member, Life Member SCI International , LVCSCI
Hunted
U.S.A. Alaska Canada Zimbabwe Namibia South Africa Argentina,Ireland,Spain
I’m interested in hunting Botswana for a non exportable elephant. I understand elephant hunting is open again in that country. Ive been trying to find a reasonably priced hunt there for elephant that doesn’t break the bank.....maybe a problem animal that people are having trouble with (crop damage). I saw John Martins had a couple he offered but I contacted him too late. If there are any operators offering this please let me know. Thanks!!!

These were going to be citizen tags that were raffled last week. Unfortunately the government has decided not to allow the citizens to re-sell the tags, making it illegal for a foreigner to hunt the citizen quota. The hunting quota should be out shortly after the election but these will not be inexpensive! I don’t think there is an inexpensive legal option in Bots at the moment.

Thanks WAB, like I said John Martins was offering four at a very reasonable price . I just was late in seeing them.

I don’t think you were late, I’m afraid the government surprised everyone when they disallowed resale of the citizen licenses as non trophy hunts. My guess is that he has had to cancel this offer.

Oh, now I understand.....well, that’s a big disappointment for anyone who booked.....thanks for the info!

I’m interested in hunting Botswana for a non exportable elephant. I understand elephant hunting is open again in that country. Ive been trying to find a reasonably priced hunt there for elephant that doesn’t break the bank.....maybe a problem animal that people are having trouble with (crop damage). I saw John Martins had a couple he offered but I contacted him too late. If there are any operators offering this please let me know. Thanks!!!
You might have to think about doing a tuskless hunt in Zim. You know, just to tide you over until Botswana is an option ;)

Yes Ida, you might be right.....I was hoping for some last minute deal now that I’m retired and can go whenever......guess I’ll keep searching....

Yes Ida, you might be right.....I was hoping for some last minute deal now that I’m retired and can go whenever......guess I’ll keep searching....
Good luck! And let us know if anything turns up for you.

I will.....it might try my patience!!.....lol

The tuskless idea is a good one. They come up pretty regularly at very good prices in Zim.

FYI:
Problem Animal Control (PAC) or (DCA) Damage Causing Animal hunts can not be sold legally.

Reactions: WAB
The tuskless idea is a good one. They come up pretty regularly at very good prices in Zim.
Yes they do! Mokore and CMS regularly offer 10 day tuskless hunts for under $12K. $750 per day and $4K trophy fee. I hunted tuskless with Doug/Mokore last year and had an absolute blast. Can’t go wrong with either Mokore or CMS, two of Zim’s best.

Thanks Ida, I will have to look at for one of the tuskless.......or keep saving my pennies for one with big teeth!......hahaha

Reactions: WAB
Looks like I found a pretty good deal. It’s for a non exportable bull up in the Caprivi strip. Definitely the price I was looking for. Working on the details now. I will share them when I know more!

Have a great time! We’ll look forward to the report.

Looks like I found a pretty good deal. It’s for a non exportable bull up in the Caprivi strip. Definitely the price I was looking for. Working on the details now. I will share them when I know more!
Sounds promising! Good luck and I hope it works out (y)

is $12,500 a good price for an “in season” non-exportable bull?

Yes, sounds too good to be true. I hope it’s real and you have a great hunt!

If $12,500 includes day rates and trophy fee in the Caprivi, I would say that is a smokin’ deal. How many days?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg