In the Blood (Safari Documentary)

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
In this 1989 film Professional Hunter Robin Hurt leads a modern day safari inspired by President Theodore Roosevelt's book African Game Trails. In the hunting party includes the filmmaker's young son, Tyssen Bulter, on his first safari, descendants of President Roosevelt, and gun historians. Showcased is the actual Holland and Holland 500/450 NE double rifle carried and used by the President's on his expedition. Butler takes his first cape buffalo using the president's rifle.

Text from YouTube

Screenshot (771).png

Do you have any release info? When will it be available? YouTube only?

The link to this movie was posted by @One Day... recently on the forum, on thread about safari movies.
Anyway, great movie, i really enjoyed!

I have really mixed feelings about the film and honestly after the scene were Bartle Bull spouts off about killing crocodiles, I was just kind of eager for it to end. There were parts I really enjoyed but if you have an hour to burn on YouTube, there are much better programs available. Worth one watch for history sake and the respect of A great ph, but not much more. Just my opinion. . .

Thank you Hoas. I have looked for a copy of this movie for several years, since I first heard of it, and have been unsuccessful.
Brian

Yeah, really enjoyed it. I downloaded it to my computer the other day and finished watching it yesterday.

I was fine with the crocodile discussion which was only a few minutes of the whole movie.

I want to buy this movie as well. To be clear I went to one day link and he does not say how to see the movie. I went on roku looking for it anywhere and could not find it so would appreciate people directing us to other posts and just say how to GET IT!!! Thanks

...would appreciate people directing us to other posts and just say how to GET IT!!! Thanks

It is on Youtube. I have the free RealPlayer plugin that allows me to download videos, so downloaded the movie to my computer.

A quick look at Amazon and Ebay netted a few copies, mostly VHS and a couple of very expensive DVD's. I still have my VHS from back then.

In this 1989 film Professional Hunter Robin Hurt leads a modern day safari inspired by President Theodore Roosevelt's book African Game Trails. In the hunting party includes the filmmaker's young son, Tyssen Bulter, on his first safari, descendants of President Roosevelt, and gun historians. Showcased is the actual Holland and Holland 500/450 NE double rifle carried and used by the President's on his expedition. Butler takes his first cape buffalo using the president's rifle.

Text from YouTube

View attachment 354805
the book "Safari" by Bartle Bull (who is in this movie) describes this safari in the last chapter

Firebird you are spot on! That really gutted what was a very good documentary. Kind of like the meateater guy!

I bought this film on VHS back in the day. Been awhile since I watched it…..my VHS player is somewhere in the heap in my basement! I liked it, but found the whole croc hunt tedious. It was great seeing Mr. Hurt PHing in his prime in a beautiful area!

I suppose that segment keeps the documentary honest. I read a lot so I did buy Bartle Bulls book but have not gotten around to reading it yet.
I have a couple very old vhs tapes with Ph Capstick-he was much better in print than on film, but when I was young they were the stuff dreams were made of!

I watched this documentary before.

I think the best part is the audio mixing with both the music and sounds of nature. Many parts of this documentary are utter auditory honey.

I bought the DVD on Amazon. It was just okay to me. In fact quite a let down. I guess I compare everything to Buzz Charlton’s Elephant DVD so nothing is near as good. By the way just finished Buzz’s book Tall Tales…fantastic!!!!

I do wish more of these hunting documentaries could be ripped and uploaded online.

Hell, if you don't know how to, I'm sure there are services and people out there that'll do it well for a decent price

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois