In search of a proper belt

Good belts can be had from any of the better shoe companies. My dress belts are from Allen Edmonds as are most of my dress/work shoes. All are over 30 years old. My casual belt is from Dooney and Burke. They also make briefcases and purses. It is 40 years old and looks new. I wear it almost every day.

Thank you, gentlemen! Already have a horween shell cordovan belt by Alden, and an Italian leather belt by Brooks Bros. headed my way--and am actively investigating all your other great recommendations.
Haven't even gotten started on upgrading casual belts...

Let me know how you like the Alden belt.

Having lost my ass in a couple divorces, I have to wear a belt everyday, even when I wear sweatpants! I’ve got a bunch of custom maker belts and love them. But I have started wearing NexBelts, they look great and hold a gun when you need to throw a Blackhawk on your belt. They ratchet and adjust easy. Cool product but I would much rather have my ass back!

Interesting that a lot of belts that are being recommended are not what I'd call dress belts. I'd recommend Anson Belt & Buckle as an option where one can design one's own belts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 8.23.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 8.23.54 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Good belts can be had from any of the better shoe companies. My dress belts are from Allen Edmonds as are most of my dress/work shoes. All are over 30 years old. My casual belt is from Dooney and Burke. They also make briefcases and purses. It is 40 years old and looks new. I wear it almost every day.
I think I went wrong and actually got a Booney and Dork.

Lots of good options out there for dress belts that vary greatly depending on taste and budget..

For a gun belt or a belt for hard use, Kramer is as good as it gets for holsters and belts…

I’ve got Kramer products that I’ve owned for 20 years at this point that are just as serviceable today as the day I bought them.. look great as well… they have literally been worn and used everywhere from the streets of DC to the rainforests of Brazil, and every possible place in between… and are still going strong…

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 8.24.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 8.24.49 AM.png
    649 KB · Views: 27
Clint Orms Silver Smith makes a pretty nice dress combo.
He also has just belts if you have your own buckle. Patrick Mavros took me to his booth at DSC so I could order a black belt to go with Patrick's buckles. Six weeks later it arrived and it is very nice.

Lots of good options out there for dress belts that vary greatly depending on taste and budget..

For a gun belt or a belt for hard use, Kramer is as good as it gets for holsters and belts…

I’ve got Kramer products that I’ve owned for 20 years at this point that are just as serviceable today as the day I bought them.. look great as well… they have literally been worn and used everywhere from the streets of DC to the rainforests of Brazil, and every possible place in between… and are still going strong…
I really do like my Kramer products and wear my Kramer belt daily, but I do wish I could find a dressier buckle. To me it is a little on the casual side for true dress occasions.

Big R, tack section. Even the big and tall can find a latigo that will reach. Leather punch and an awl will get you a custom fitted belt in a matter of minutes. Hint; get 2, 1 for dress, 1 for casual... :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross