In Pretoria looking for warthogs

Doubleplay

AH elite
Joined
Jul 23, 2023
Messages
1,284
Reaction score
2,302
Location
NC, USA
Media
3
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zim, Argentina, Uruguay, Turkey, Ireland, England,Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Canada and all over US
I'm currently back in Pretoria after a Zim buffalo hunt staying with my son's family and will be here till Saturday.
I'm willing to drive within two hours to shoot couple warthogs with good tusks and stay a night or two...
No need for transportation or weapons.
You can pm...
Thanks
 
I do love those African porkers!
 
Proper Warthog trophies are on the slim side these days especailly just two hours from Pretoria.
Its not they are kept inside any fences either so they come and go as they please.
Hunting warthogs and hoping to find something nice will be more doable.
Stretch your search to 3 hours and you will likely find something.

I'm not an outfitter so can't really point you to someone specific but look towards Thabazimbi, Vaalwater, Groblersdal and Marble Hall areas up north.

Just be aware that you will need an outfitter and PH to sign off on the trophies if you find a good one and wanting to ship it.
 
Proper Warthog trophies are on the slim side these days especailly just two hours from Pretoria.
Its not they are kept inside any fences either so they come and go as they please.
Hunting warthogs and hoping to find something nice will be more doable.
Stretch your search to 3 hours and you will likely find something.

I'm not an outfitter so can't really point you to someone specific but look towards Thabazimbi, Vaalwater, Groblersdal and Marble Hall areas up north.

Just be aware that you will need an outfitter and PH to sign off on the trophies if you find a good one and wanting to ship it.
Thanks for the advice.
I'm well aware of shipping procedures as my son is a resident here in Pretoria.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,417
Messages
1,575,621
Members
170,367
Latest member
NellRobled
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top