Mark Audino

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, WILD SHEEP FOUNDATION, NRA, GSCO
Hunted
C.A.R., Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Mongolia, Turkey, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Spain, UK, Romania, Mexico, Canadian Provinces, Multiple States in USA
Martin Hagn.JPEG

Ralph Martini has a few rifles that they built together. Beautiful work...

Ralf Martini built this 300 H&H on a Hagn action for me. They were once partners in a gun making operation but still worked with each other after going independent. Incredible engineering.
Martini Custom 300 H&H on a Hagn Single Shot Action.jpeg

A life well lived! Mr. Hagn worked for some of the best while younger—and was one of the best. Brilliant man and crazy skills. Comfort for the family.

Ralf Martini built this 300 H&H on a Hagn action for me. They were once partners in a gun making operation but still worked with each other after going independent. Incredible engineering.
View attachment 571839
What a beautiful treasure that rifle is Mark.

Hi Frank, I have to tell you that Ralf Martini is a truly exceptional gun maker and just as much a human being. He also built this .404 Jeffery for me. It was built as a working gun to be carried all day. So, it comes in naked at about 8.75 pounds. No recoil to speak of because his design just works. The Hagen was simply something else. Trim in the hands and comes to the shoulder like it should. Mark
404-7.jpg

Another beauty Mark! I bought a Heym through Ralph this past summer and I have to say, he is truly a gentleman. Not only was the transaction process exactly what he told me it would be, he was really enjoyable to talk to. Hopefully I can scratch up some cash in the future to also own one of the beautiful rifles he builds. Truly and artist! As I'm sure you know, he was key in the design of the 89B for Heym.
IMG_3431.jpeg

Hi Frank, I have to tell you that Ralf Martini is a truly exceptional gun maker and just as much a human being. He also built this .404 Jeffery for me. It was built as a working gun to be carried all day. So, it comes in naked at about 8.75 pounds. No recoil to speak of because his design just works. The Hagen was simply something else. Trim in the hands and comes to the shoulder like it should. Mark
View attachment 571919

Last edited:
An absolute shame. He not only made beautiful rifles. He also designed the Hagn action; a Farquharson style action that hides all of the pins for a cleaner look, that was available in different sizes (even up to the 700 nitro).

View attachment 571839

That’s one amazingly beautiful rifle Mark.

In my mind, the hagn action was one of the most elegant modern interpretations of a falling block.

Condolences to his family and friends, a giant has left our world.

That’s one amazingly beautiful rifle Mark.

In my mind, the hagn action was one of the most elegant modern interpretations of a falling block.

Condolences to his family and friends, a giant has left our world.
Yes, absolutely a great loss, Jürgen, and thank you. And the combination of Hagn's action and Ralf Martini's British stock styling puts it over the top in terms of handling and elegance.

An absolute shame. He not only made beautiful rifles. He also designed the Hagn action; a Farquharson style action that hides all of the pins for a cleaner look, that was available in different sizes (even up to the 700 nitro).
Yes, he was special and his work was special.

Another beauty Mark! I bought a Heym through Ralph this past summer and I have to say, he is truly a gentleman. Not only was the transaction process exactly what he told me it would be, he was really enjoyable to talk to. Hopefully I can scratch up some cash in the future to also own one of the beautiful rifles he builds. Truly and artist! As I'm sure you know, he was key in the design of the 89B for Heym.View attachment 571921
Great to know that you feel the same way I do about Ralf. And that is one mighty fine piece of kit that you have there!

Sad passing indeed. I remember talking with him many times at ACGG events. Rest in Peace.

Great to know that you feel the same way I do about Ralf. And that is one mighty fine piece of kit that you have there!
Ralf built my first semi custom Mauser on a 1938 Berlin Action,in 9.3x62, 52 cm Heym Match barrel, with a beutiful piece of birds eye maple.

46706765rl.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
46706790tn.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NormanFaws

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.