Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
The great Walter Williams passed on Thursday, 2 December (1936-2020).

Never met the guy personally, but I did exchange a couple of emails with him years ago. A true scholar and gentleman. He will be missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I caught him on the radio from time to time subbing for Rush. Really enjoyed his style and message.

I remember seeing him as a guest on Nightly Business Report. One quote that has stuck in my memory banks is "When you subsidize something, you get more of it". He was a cry in the wilderness.

I've a buddy who went to GMU, took several econ classes from him way back in the day.

I caught him on the radio from time to time subbing for Rush. Really enjoyed his style and message.

Maybe he brought it up and I never heard/read about it, but after i left the police factory, it was his thinking more than anything that led me to conclude what a disaster the WoD is.

On Thomas Sowell’s YouTube he did a series of Dr William’s speeches today as a memorial. Excellent examples of his teachings! Worth a few minutes of your time.

It's a great loss. There aren't enough professors like him. I enjoyed listening to him when he was on Rush's show.

He was a very able sub for Rush.

Walter Williams was one of my life heroes and a truly brilliant man.
Once he was filling in for Rush and a black man called in to take issue with Dr. Williams....the man did not realize that Williams was also black and began to talk about evil southerners and slavery as if Williams was somehow a white racist. Williams was patient and said "sir the real cause of the civil war was not slavery". He then suggested two good books on the causes of that conflict. The man then made comments that basically began with "well you are white."....Williams said

"Sir when you first called in I thought you were ignorant about some things but now I realize you are just stupid." Made my day!!

What a loss....I liked him very
much..

I missed this on the Larry Elder YouTube! Thanks Jerome! Good find!

One year today.

I hope Thomas Sowell can hold on for a while longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubcasa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross