DLSJR

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, South Africa, Tanzania
Well known and highly respected PH, Paddy Curtis, was murdered in his Bulawayo home in early morning darkness. Apparently, he opened his door to let his dogs out and robbers were waiting outside and ambushed him. He was able to send out an SOS for help, but they arrived too late. He was found near his still locked gun safe with 2 gunshot wounds to his head. A security team with dogs is presently hunting down the perps who murdered him.

Wherever in the world you may be, raise a toast at sunset to a great African man, PH & former Selous Scout. R.I.P. Bloodnut.

Been seeing tributes alll day, sad news indeed. Prayers for his family and friends!

Prayers.....

This is just awful… condolences to his family and friends.

Well known and highly respected PH, Paddy Curtis, was murdered in his Bulawayo home in early morning darkness. Apparently, he opened his door to let his dogs out and robbers were waiting outside and ambushed him. He was able to send out an SOS for help, but they arrived too late. He was found near his still locked gun safe with 2 gunshot wounds to his head. A security team with dogs is presently hunting down the perps who murdered him.

Wherever in the world you may be, raise a toast at sunset to a great African man, PH & former Selous Scout. R.I.P. Bloodnut.

Thanks for starting this thread....still trying to get my head around it ,and wasn't feeling like starting it just yet...
Known paddy ..aka blood or blood nut due to a mass of red hair and an equal beard in his younger days...since I first met him in 1989 ...and since then had some great lunatic times with him and other equally like minded fun people...he was always smiling and up for a laugh or party...from memory he was one of if not the youngest selous scout ever...and must have been good as he became a favourite of the legendary commander LT COL Ron Reid-Daly....he definitely deserved the title "a legend"....from extra curricular activities to partying and numerous escapades...along with some big ups and downs in his ph career, but his clients loved him and he did his best to make sure they had a great hunt....heard a few voice messages from people who went to the scene soon after ....so have a pretty good idea...but will wait to hear full story...he hunted in zim, zambia then Tanzania mostly, with odd hunt in zim before the season opened in Tanzania...Tanzania he was with luke samaras safaris, and then with heritage safaris and stephan stamm and helga, who from memory operated in conjunction with luke...he was like family to stephan and helga, and how paddy and stephan survived some of their escapades I haven't a clue....paddy's wife passed away last year and their son Sean works in Australia...think paddy was 65 but you wouldn't have thought so....spoke with helga this afternoon and a big reward is being put together, with most coming from stephan and helga and some from other friends....so I hope that will bring these pieces of shit into custody fast.....RIP my friend...SCI and life in general for everyone who knew you will be a lot less fun.....

IMG-20220628-WA0015.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-141610_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-141621_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-164503_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-164509_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-164515_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-164449_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:
My condolences to his family and friends

The world is Going to hell fast! sounds like a larger than life great guy!
Condolences to his son and other family. Will pray!

Sad. RIP.

Condolences to all that knew him.

Very sad news indeed.

RIP, what a tragedy

My most sincere condolences for family and friends.

What a tragic loss. RIP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.