In memoriam: Highly Respected Professional Hunter Paddy Curtis gone, RIP

DLSJR

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, South Africa
Well known and highly respected PH, Paddy Curtis, was murdered in his Bulawayo home in early morning darkness. Apparently, he opened his door to let his dogs out and robbers were waiting outside and ambushed him. He was able to send out an SOS for help, but they arrived too late. He was found near his still locked gun safe with 2 gunshot wounds to his head. A security team with dogs is presently hunting down the perps who murdered him.

Wherever in the world you may be, raise a toast at sunset to a great African man, PH & former Selous Scout. R.I.P. Bloodnut.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania
Been seeing tributes alll day, sad news indeed. Prayers for his family and friends!

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Prayers.....

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Well known and highly respected PH, Paddy Curtis, was murdered in his Bulawayo home in early morning darkness. Apparently, he opened his door to let his dogs out and robbers were waiting outside and ambushed him. He was able to send out an SOS for help, but they arrived too late. He was found near his still locked gun safe with 2 gunshot wounds to his head. A security team with dogs is presently hunting down the perps who murdered him.

Wherever in the world you may be, raise a toast at sunset to a great African man, PH & former Selous Scout. R.I.P. Bloodnut.

Thanks for starting this thread....still trying to get my head around it ,and wasn't feeling like starting it just yet...
Known paddy ..aka blood or blood nut due to a mass of red hair and an equal beard in his younger days...since I first met him in 1989 ...and since then had some great lunatic times with him and other equally like minded fun people...he was always smiling and up for a laugh or party...from memory he was one of if not the youngest selous scout ever...and must have been good as he became a favourite of the legendary commander LT COL Ron Reid-Daly....he definitely deserved the title "a legend"....from extra curricular activities to partying and numerous escapades...along with some big ups and downs in his ph career, but his clients loved him and he did his best to make sure they had a great hunt....heard a few voice messages from people who went to the scene soon after ....so have a pretty good idea...but will wait to hear full story...he hunted in zim, zambia then Tanzania mostly, with odd hunt in zim before the season opened in Tanzania...Tanzania he was with luke samaras safaris, and then with heritage safaris and stephan stamm and helga, who from memory operated in conjunction with luke...he was like family to stephan and helga, and how paddy and stephan survived some of their escapades I haven't a clue....paddy's wife passed away last year and their son Sean works in Australia...think paddy was 65 but you wouldn't have thought so....spoke with helga this afternoon and a big reward is being put together, with most coming from stephan and helga and some from other friends....so I hope that will bring these pieces of shit into custody fast.....RIP my friend...SCI and life in general for everyone who knew you will be a lot less fun.....

IMG-20220628-WA0015.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-141610_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-141621_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-164503_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-164509_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-164515_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20220628-164449_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
My condolences to his family and friends

kevin masters

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
us mexico alaska south africa
The world is Going to hell fast! sounds like a larger than life great guy!
Condolences to his son and other family. Will pray!

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Sad. RIP.

Condolences to all that knew him.

WAB

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Very sad news indeed.

Justhunt

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Namibia, Canada, RSA, USA
RIP, what a tragedy

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State, Mpumalanga)
My most sincere condolences for family and friends.

Doug3006

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia, Zimbabwe
What a tragic loss. RIP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell.ava999

Latest profile posts

Nevada Mike wrote on qmrp2567's profile.
375 H&H brass...

I'd like to have them. $125 for the 100 cases, don't want the smashed ones.

I am in Sonoita, AZ

Mike
We cannot wait to share in some amazing adventures with everyone in 2023 again! Please don't hesitate to message us for a quote, customized safari or even just a chat! #HuntBaylySippel
BLJC30 wrote on Tgood1's profile.
I seen a post saying that you do taxidermy in WV. Where are you located in WV and do you have a price list?
I'm going on my first safari in June.
SteveSac wrote on mdwest's profile.
Hey There,

Im looking to book my first African Safari for 2024 for my 40th birthday. I've never hunted Africa before, but was going to head to SA with my wife for a week then see her off and then stay and hunt.

Saw your safari come up as a recommendation and wondering if you had any time to chat.
Thanks!
Steve
ofbiro wrote on Theleatherman's profile.
Hi Theleatherman, I attach two price lists, one in English, one in Italian, because several words of the language used by the agent are very difficult to understand. If you get in touch with Laszlo Keresztes (owner/manager) tell him that you got the name from Paolo Sinha, italian hunter.
Suerte!