Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Hungary, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
His is not a name known to most African hunters, but he probably did more to set in place a system that is likely to preserve African hunting for a long time to come than anyone else. He championed the then radical idea of having local communities "own" the wildlife in their area. Rather than simply housing poachers and hungry people, the local village suddenly had a stake in the value and success of a concession. The fruits of that vision are seen today across tribal areas of Namibia and beyond. His was a life well lived, and it is worth knowing a about it a just a little.

I am not allowed to link the specific article (or even the periodical site) from "African Hunting Gazette", but you can view and read it by googling their site. I should add, it is my favorite of the current periodic outdoor publications.

Last edited:
RIP Garth, thanks for your contribution to wildlife conservation.

Thanks for posting the information. His biography makes for interesting reading. Condolences to the family

Thank you for posting

Thanks for posting.

My condolences go out out to his family and friends. May he Rest In Pease.

Rest in peace.

I had missed it also, only found it because I googled it and found it there.(y)

Rest In Peace your labors of this life are done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevkala

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double