I'm an idiot

1775334159858.jpeg


:D :D :D
 
Not as bad as me. I bought a lot of .25-06 hand loads at an auction one time. I went through it all and found 5 rounds of .257 Roberts. Seemed like a waste of five rounds to me if they just sat…


Yes, I actually bought a used .257 just because I found 5 rounds, so wrong size rings is a small matter compared to my move.
 
Not as bad as me. I bought a lot of .25-06 hand loads at an auction one time. I went through it all and found 5 rounds of .257 Roberts. Seemed like a waste of five rounds to me if they just sat…


Yes, I actually bought a used .257 just because I found 5 rounds, so wrong size rings is a small matter compared to my move.
Well he'll, that is just logical. I habe an extra scope...soooo....probably need another rifle.

I am storing some stuff I will give away free if I ever find anything on there I can use.
 
I found a scope for a good deal and then purchased a rifle because I had an extra scope sitting around. The rifle was an odd caliber and then I needed reloading dies, brass and so on... next thing you know the deal ended up costing me something like 4 or 5 grand... looking at it right now collecting dust in my safe!

BTW... I started again in reverse order with a set of 400 H&H dies and brass. This old dog won't learn!
 
I found a scope for a good deal and then purchased a rifle because I had an extra scope sitting around. The rifle was an odd caliber and then I needed reloading dies, brass and so on... next thing you know the deal ended up costing me something like 4 or 5 grand... looking at it right now collecting dust in my safe!

BTW... I started again in reverse order with a set of 400 H&H dies and brass. This old dog won't learn!
I know how you feel. I bought a Sako 85 in 500 Jeffery. Had to buy dies….about $750 , then I realised that the dies were 1”, so a new press. Then a crimping die, plus cases and projectiles. Turned out that the rifle cost about the same as the stuff it consumes.

Luckily I never scoped her.
 
I bought a set of dies off another forum for a friend who said he wanted them, then now ex-friend says he doesn’t want them . Resulting in me now having a 458 wind bag rifle that I built with bits from all over the place, said ex-friend knows I now have this rifle as lots of other people have told him about it
Gumpy
 
Don’t feel bad. I paid up for near front row center stage tickets to surprise my wife with tickets to one of her favorite bands, Third Eye Blind but she was not as excited when we got there and the concert was actually to see Three Doors Down.
 
Don’t feel bad. I paid up for near front row center stage tickets to surprise my wife with tickets to one of her favorite bands, Third Eye Blind but she was not as excited when we got there and the concert was actually to see Three Doors Down.

Oh the irony…
 
I know how you feel. I bought a Sako 85 in 500 Jeffery. Had to buy dies….about $750 , then I realised that the dies were 1”, so a new press. Then a crimping die, plus cases and projectiles. Turned out that the rifle cost about the same as the stuff it consumes.

Luckily I never scoped her.
Same exactly and with mercury recoil reducer and Magnum Kick-Eez Pad the extras cost more than the rifle.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,330
Messages
1,573,172
Members
169,719
Latest member
EffieKnopf
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top