I'll probably have to give up on this idea

Those look great!! Very cool idea. I have an idea with no clue if it will work or not so some experiments may be at hand. Some parts grow and live off of the proteins within that keep them healthy from the host...hair and nails come to mind on us...but antlers I have no clue. It could be due to the long term evaporation of proteins left within the antlers after they fell off. If that is the cause then you could try speeding up the process by dehydration till the colors have changed then burning designs after they’re done. Maybe try a low controlled temp for a few days and see if the dehydration causes the fading color change before you burn them? Kinda curious now I may try dehydrating a set too now
Thank you for the compliment and the thought put into your reply.
I hadn't really considered the dehydration process so much. Valid point. I had been picking the pieces by shape and size but I will include older pieces that are dryer as well and see if there is a difference. I'll let you know in a couple of years. LOL Unfortunately it takes that long to begin to notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg