I should be in jail!

@rookhawk You are so knowledgeable about high quality firearms of many sorts, you have totally surprised me not knowing of Ruger Express and Ruger Safari Magnums. For many of us on this forum these are our high end guns for the most part. Not to compare them to Westley Richards or Rigbys but generally they all are standouts. Of all people on this forum....I am disappointed in you.
 
I got the scope zeroed today. (well, close enough for load development) The load was a 250 grain round nose over a mild load of H4831SC. It looks like it has potential to be a shooter, especially because that low flyer is not the fault of the rifle, but yours truly.
 
1C856A09-8EC6-425D-B472-723D7F6ED4AB.jpeg

293F3058-B1D1-49BC-B60C-C28E78AAC3DD.jpeg
 
Nice! If you have or can find some Ramshot Hunter, I have had really good accuracy with it. Also, IMR4350 and Norma URP.

And dont tell BOB you know who, but about 75 grs of R22 will push the 250 gr to about 2800 fps, which believe it or not is even more than the .35 Whelen! Hard to believe I know! :A Outta: :rolleyes::W Dynamite:
 
According to the Nosler book H4831 will give the top speeds but in my experience, it would be too slow but apparently its not as slow as it used to be, formula changed I think because most newer charts show it to be faster than R22 and that is sure not how I remember it.
R19 is said to be a classic powder for it as well for all weights.
Enjoy!
 
Nice! If you have or can find some Ramshot Hunter, I have had really good accuracy with it. Also, IMR4350 and Norma URP.

And dont tell BOB you know who, but about 75 grs of R22 will push the 250 gr to about 2800 fps, which believe it or not is even more than the .35 Whelen! Hard to believe I know! :A Outta: :rolleyes::W Dynamite:
@sestoppelman
You is a funny man Ses.
Is an extra 15 grains of powder for a 100fps really worth it. Some will say yes but for practical purposes NAH.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,544
Members
169,758
Latest member
LaureneSlo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top