I got the book!

dougfinn

AH veteran
Joined
Dec 8, 2016
Messages
146
Reaction score
196
Media
4
Received my copy of Graeme Wright's book Shooting the British Double Rifle and let me just say it is a treasure trove of useful information. I have two rifles now, funny how they follow you home, and I'm planning on trying to work up some different loads for them. The info in the book covering powders and regulating will undoubtably make it more fun and rewarding without wasting a lot of time, effort and money. A nice looking book to boot. Looks good on my coffee table. I highly recommend it.
 
I too loved it. One cautionary tale: per Ken Owen, the loads in Graeme's book are wrought with errors and suspect. Always verify with a 2nd source.

I found this to be the case with .318WR as most of the recipes resulted in compressed loads!
 
I too loved it. One cautionary tale: per Ken Owen, the loads in Graeme's book are wrought with errors and suspect. Always verify with a 2nd source.

I found this to be the case with .318WR as most of the recipes resulted in compressed loads!
Thanks for the heads-up. I've already noticed differences between the different reloading manuals. Start low, work up slow.
 
Very interesting and informative book. I still check two sources before I start working on loads for a caliber I've never loaded previously.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,456
Messages
1,576,690
Members
170,619
Latest member
ColbyB1189
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top