I am not sure who needs to see this...

I read the story " Move over!", which was the base for the film "Green Soylent". The only, in my opinion, film adaptation of Harry Harrison. So I know what a real soylent is made of.

And when the "green agenda" is being promoted now, it's a little scary, because you immediately remember that story. Good science fiction writers are always a bit of a prophet.
(Sorry - the story was (Make Room! Make Room!) - reverse translation English-Russian-English sometimes gives strange results

Last edited:
Do you guys have locusts every year, or only every few years?

Down here, we have them every single year. They're never as thick as what you're showing in those pics, but we do have them every year.
I do see one once in a while over the years but not in the numbers we have now.

Cicada cloud shows up on radar.

Good sounds of them here:

I do see one once in a while over the years but not in the numbers we have now.

They are a constant background noise from some time in mid-Spring until some time in September. I know summer is finally over here when the cicadas stop making noise.

If the current administration has their way you'll either be on an insect diet or soylent green hamburgers (no wait, hamburgers are going to be banned as contributing to climate change).
@Cervus elaphas
Don't forget to have the vegan bacon called fakeon ( I kid you not) on your soy burger.
Bob

They are a constant background noise from some time in mid-Spring until some time in September. I know summer is finally over here when the cicadas stop making noise.
Kentucky has like 3 different types: Brood X, Brood XIV, and annuals o_O. I wanted to post a video of how loud they are, but it is too much hassle (and I am lazy)

There are many different tropical cicadas in Southeast Asia. My daughter told me that some of them sound like a circular saw.
In the temperate zone they are not present, but in the south, near the Black Sea, they live. Once I found, getting out of the tent, a sad picture: a shrike tore off the head of a cicada and placed it on a twig, apparently about zapras, but it continued to chirp.

Can't eat that, they look like Tse tse flies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!