Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Hunting Sable Antelope Shot Placement

Post your questions, comments or pictures relating to hunting shot placement.

Hunting Sable Antelope
sable_shot_placement.jpg

Hunting Sable Antelope
sable_perfect_shot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough Animals

These are tough animals. I took what I thought was a great shot on a beautiful sable in Matetsi, Zimbabwe last summer. He went down like a ton of bricks - and I know, when they do that, put another shot in, but I was so impressed with my shot (!), I just pumped the air, and ignored my PH who was yelling "shoot him again". When he got up and began to run away, I was forced to chase him through thick brush, shooting as I was running, too worried I'd lose him to feel like the idiot I was. Fortunately, I got a few more into him, and brought him down. Turned out my first shot was through the top of the lungs. He'd have died anyway, but it could have been a fair ways off. Lesson learned!

Heart of my Sable.

full

full

13775428_10154303135402770_5331625410838878637_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as long as we're showing gory pictures of sable bits, here are two pictures of what we found when we gutted a sable I took in 2015. For those who are curious, the bullet entered through the front, and ripped the guts apart after taking out the heart.

Anyone want to guess what this is?!!

P1020586.jpg

P1020588.jpg

full

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois