Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay, South Africa
I want to share some blackbucks hunt here in my Country with you buddyes. Somedody brought this very nice antelopes from India about 1920 to Argentina.....same happened with axis deer and from Europe with Red Deer, Fallow and European boar.
All this game animals have been raising since almost 100 years in our Country and they do really well.
We can find them in many Provinces and free range......of course many farms got them into their high fences as well.

Blackbuck is a 45/50 Kilos animal in the males and his spiral trophie invite you to try to get the chance to get one.

Measuring their horns in straight way we can say that.....

40 centimeters is a nice representative........
45 centimeters is a good one
50 centimeters is a very good
53 centimeters is exellent
55 centimeters.......Saint Hubertus kiss you......

More than 55 cm you are the chosen one........!!!!!!

Some pictures...........

A nice 49.5 cm in my youth

para CD.jpg

Some more to see.......

Imagen 030.jpg

Imagen 042.jpg

DSC00079.JPG

The one in the left is a 53 cm buck.......with my other mates guiding........

DSC00074.JPG

DSC00101.JPG

DSC00111.JPG

Blackbuck´s likes to be in a open field in herds, so you can expect for a long range shooting after try to do the beast aproach as is posible.

Calibers with flat trayectory such a .243, 270 or any madium caliber works perfect for this tropies.
They dont jump over the fences, they have the habit to cross them below.

It a pleasure to share this with you boys.............see you......!!!!!!

Nice Blackbuck mate.

I enjoy hunting them in Texas.

Nice Blackbuck mate.

I enjoy hunting them in Texas.

Thank you jeffpg, yes, is a very enjoyable hunting, good to ear you got one........!!!!!

and in case anyone is wondering, they are great eating as well!

They sound great! I absolutely loved eating Mountain Reedbuck... Until I had Springbuck. Sounds like these critters are similar, open spaces and a challenge to get close to. My PH in RSA told me that Springbuck will humble you when it comes to shooting them.. He was right.

I really like the one in the 4th picture down. That photo is well done, no blood, horns tilted to the best advantage.. They look massive, thick.

And that Argentine grass looks a lot friendlier than the prickly stuff in Africa. The most dangerous thing I did in Africa was pose for pictures... And sit on the damned cactus that was hiding inside the thorny little bushes pretending to be grass! Ha Ha.. not

Attachments

• Africa Trip 680.jpg
    Africa Trip 680.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 286
Agree......Sprimbuck meat is the beast game meat I have ever tryed....!!
Yes the 4´th pic was properly done and is a about 50 cm buck.

About you tell us of that thorny little bush........must be nice for my mather in law chear..... Ha Ha Ha......!!!!!!

Thanks for your comment Bob......!!!!!

Bonitos!

India????

I thought blackbucks were native to Texas!!! ;)

All kidding aside, those are really interesting as the horns seem to look to have more mass than most I've seen from Texas, although I may be wrong.

I spent some time working in Chile years ago, one of my greatest regrets was not taking the time to slip over to Argentina while I was there. Even the local Chileans kept telling me that Argentina was the best place in South America.

I think I may have to rectify that mistake and take a trip down hunting.

All these pictures you keep posting make me want to go even more.

Thanks Rocket,

-John

Blackbuck has been on my wishlist for a while. Haven't decided whether to go to Texas or to Argentina. I want one sometime! I think they are a beautiful trophy.. Bruce

Muchas Gracias Velo Dog......!!!!!!

India????

I thought blackbucks were native to Texas!!! ;)

All kidding aside, those are really interesting as the horns seem to look to have more mass than most I've seen from Texas, although I may be wrong.

Hi Royal......maybe I am wrong and somebody brought them from Texas......:ROFLMAO:.......is good to spend some time kidding as you sayd......

I saw some Texas blackbuck pictures and looks good I mean very similar, you should have some good trophies up there.......!!!!!

Thank you for the comments......!!!!!

I spent some time working in Chile years ago, one of my greatest regrets was not taking the time to slip over to Argentina while I was there. Even the local Chileans kept telling me that Argentina was the best place in South America.

I think I may have to rectify that mistake and take a trip down hunting.

All these pictures you keep posting make me want to go even more.

Thanks Rocket,

-John

Hi John.........Chile has great red deer in some places and realy fabulous fallow deer as well......so I can see we were neighbors for some time with the Andes in the middle........You have time to rectify that mistake and come down up here......!!!!!!

Thank you very much John......!!!!!!!

Blackbuck has been on my wishlist for a while. Haven't decided whether to go to Texas or to Argentina. I want one sometime! I think they are a beautiful trophy.. Bruce

Yes gillette........I think worth the time and money, they are beatiful trophy...........if you want just the blackbuck is more confortable to go Texas I guess.......!!!!

Thanks for the comments.......!!!!!!!

How do prices compare in TX and Argentina?

How much for a full bag deal in Argentina? How much time is necessary?

How do prices compare in TX and Argentina?

How much for a full bag deal in Argentina? How much time is necessary?

Bob, I´m not sure about the prices, my boss and MG office take care of that but almost sure that a six hunting day for a red deer in the rut all inclusive and one deer is u$ 4500 and blackbuck should be $1000 and $1500 for a axis deer more or less......!!!!!

Gillette,

How's it going man?

If you decide to hunt BlackBuck in Texas let me know. I have a friend who can put you on some dandy bucks. If you like them dark & black like I do, it's best to hunt them in the winter around January or February when they are darkest. Of course, I'd love to go to Argentina for that experience as well.

Hey Rocket, share some pics of those Axis with us please. I hunted them a lot this past spring & summer in Texas. They are fun, challenging and very beautiful animals.

Gillette,

How's it going man?

If you decide to hunt BlackBuck in Texas let me know. I have a friend who can put you on some dandy bucks. If you like them dark & black like I do, it's best to hunt them in the winter around January or February when they are darkest. Of course, I'd love to go to Argentina for that experience as well.

Hey Rocket, share some pics of those Axis with us please. I hunted them a lot this past spring & summer in Texas. They are fun, challenging and very beautiful animals.

I will jeff........I going to try to do it this night or tomorrow......promess you.........!!!!!!!

Rocket, you may have said already but when is the best time to hunt them in Argentina? What about other species?

Rocket, you may have said already but when is the best time to hunt them in Argentina? What about other species?

Midle of march rut for red stag is starting, no problem with blackbuck because they dont drop the horns and axis deer.......80 percent of them are with their horn´s ready since February.......for those 3 I would say March 20 to be presice Bob......!!!!!

Thank you.....!!!!!

It's on the dream list!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg