Hunt Budget realistic?

Get off an Airbus 380 with 538 passengers plus crew and you'll appreciate Global Entry. The alternative is an hour wait to get through U.S. Customs and yes, don't stop to take a leak. BTDT.
Forgot to add, you can declare with the app before leaving the aircraft and Global Entry doesn't cost anymore than TSA-Pre.

Last edited:
You don’t need global entry, just makes getting through customs on us side quicker if you are frequent traveler. Africa Sky/Afton/Rifle permits/Gracey they all provide the exact same service on ground in Johannesburg and do it well. I’m not a gracey travel fan for booking travel though. I think travel express or travel with guns provides a much better service for booking travel.

If you go with Gracy, I have heard that you want to go with the guy that works for her, I'm sorry but I can't remember his name. I used Debbie and anyone who wants some particulars of my opinion of her can PM me. The trip went fine but I had to hold my tongue a few times. On the other hand, Bruce is worth his weight in gold in JoBurg.

If you go with Gracy, I have heard that you want to go with the guy that works for her, I'm sorry but I can't remember his name. I used Debbie and anyone who wants some particulars of my opinion of her can PM me. The trip went fine but I had to hold my tongue a few times. On the other hand, Bruce is worth his weight in gold in JoBurg.
Their people on the ground are great (Gracy’s guy is Bruce), but so are the other options. I used 3 trips and had minor issues all 3 trips with the travel arrangements. I only used because of their reputation. I switched and have no intention of ever using them again after seeing the difference.

Last edited:
Their people on the ground are great (Gracey’s guy is Bruce), but so are the other options. I used 3 trips and had minor issues all 3 trips. I only used because of their reputation. I switched and have no intention of ever using them again after seeing the difference.

I will probably use someone else the next time as well.

It was her agent in Texas who I was referring to whose name I can't remember. Of course I heard that from multiple sources AFTER my trip. Even my booking agent's people said there is a strange dynamic over there.

Get off an Airbus 380 with 538 passengers plus crew and you'll appreciate Global Entry. The alternative is an hour wait to get through U.S. Customs and yes, don't stop to take a leak. BTDT.
Forgot to add, you can declare with the app before leaving the aircraft and Global Entry doesn't cost anymore than TSA-Pre.
Wow, "538 Passengers"? I've NEVER been on a plane with that many people. I didn't know any aircraft could hold that many. I've flown on 747s in the past, but no capacity close to that. Now, if they could just fly faster! LOL

Rifle permits has a service (i did budget for) that gets you thru customs, baggage and also does the rifle permits. Thats why i budgeted $370 instead of the rifle permit only price of $150. There is also $50 in there for access to a business lounge on the way back to the states.

If i should do a different service than rifle permits.com then please let me know.

Rifle permits has a service (i did budget for) that gets you thru customs, baggage and also does the rifle permits. Thats why i budgeted $370 instead of the rifle permit only price of $150. There is also $50 in there for access to a business lounge on the way back to the states.

If i should do a different service than rifle permits.com then please let me know.
They are all equally good on the ground, much better service than anything you would expect in the United States. Just make sure nothing has changed by the time you actually go.

So for those concerned about the buffalo hunt, i am being told that the outfitter has 200,000 acres under lease.

I am asking questions about how big the particular parcels are and how big a piece the buffalo hunt will be on.

So for those concerned about the buffalo hunt, i am being told that the outfitter has 200,000 acres under lease.

I am asking questions about how big the particular parcels are and how big a piece the buffalo hunt will be on.
He could have 10 millions acres under lease, the important question is how big is the parcel that you will hunt X animal on?

He could have 10 millions acres under lease, the important question is how big is the parcel that you will hunt X animal on?
I have that question in to him right now. we are gonna find out.

two checked bags (one guncase) and one carry on.
You didn't mention which airline you plan to use within Africa, but consider factoring-in excess baggage fees. Like you, I had two checked bags included in my ticket price for the intercontinental flight. However, when I flew Airlink from Johannesburg to East London, there was a one-bag limit. The gun case was charged as an extra (excess) bag. The fee for that was ~ $40 at the then-current exchange rate. So this would increase your $250 round trip airfare by $80 ($40 x 2 flights).

Not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things, but these small fees do eventually add up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg