I know this thread is old but since it has been resurrected, I have few points of my own:
1) I owned a Weatherby Vanguard 2 in .300 WM and found it a very good rifle. Equal in quality to Tikka for nearly half the price
2) People mention the trigger but yet like Mausers. I'm a Mauser snob and the one thing I liked on this rifle was the two-stage trigger that had similar (actually better) feel to old Mausers
3) The synthetic stock looked weird to me initially but eventually grew on me. I like the grey finish, I liked the rubber non-slip panels even in dead of winter and the stock for sure tamed the recoil very well.
4) The rifle is not light but in case of .300WM that was a good thing.
5) If I did not already have my other rifles and wanted just one good, quality, yet inexpensive rifle, I would not hesitate to own Howa/Vanguard
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.