How will the looting in Durban impact SA hunting?

Yip but that is Africa for you, steal, destroy and burn....
Sadly, the U.S. had a front row seat in select cities of bad actors intentionally causing social chaos last Summer while law enforcement were instructed to watch & select “lost souls” politicians + media dubbed it, ‘peaceful protests.’

Nothing warranted or peaceful about Arson, Looting, or Physical Harm.

I never understood HOW looting or burning a business to the ground, a neighborhood business that employs & supports that community SOLVES anything!? Its clear: swift decisive action to root out & remove the bad actors will stop the followers.

I never understood HOW looting or burning a business to the ground, a neighborhood business that employs & supports that community SOLVES anything!? Its clear: swift decisive action to root out & remove the bad actors will stop the followers.

Same as supporting an ex president who with his cadres stole Billions in state capture.

Was just outside Pretoria central today close to the union buildings the city looks like a ghost town little traffic I suppose most shops and offices are closed. But otherwise quiet thus far will go past later today again working on a building there.

Getting worse from what I hear. Till now it is relatively quiet here in Cape Town.
I believe the Indian community in Durban set the shacks alight out of retaliation.
Just went to my local gun shop to stock a bit more up, never seen that place so full.
Some of the videos I have seen looks like war zones.

I hope this is quelled soon. I’m sorry for all of you guys too experiencing this first hand.

A bit of clarity over the military response. They are indeed going to clamp down hard in the coming days and we'll be seeing a lot of dead looters. As much of a kick I got out of saying people will get punished for their behaviour, there's still a sense of sadness deep down. My dad's friend who is very closely tied to the military yet retired is giving us the information.

We aren't seeing dead looters on the news to avoid spreading panic. They're (criminals & looters) definitely getting a hiding and we'll see much more of it tonight.

A bit of clarity over the military response. They are indeed going to clamp down hard in the coming days and we'll be seeing a lot of dead looters. As much of a kick I got out of saying people will get punished for their behavior, there's still a sense of sadness deep down. My dad's friend who is very closely tied to the military yet retired is giving us the information.

We aren't seeing dead looters on the news to avoid spreading panic. They're (criminals & looters) definitely getting a hiding and we'll see much more of it tonight.
I believe as well that tonight is going to be another onslaught.
The sh.t just started here in CT what I heard. Too what extent I am not sure yet. Shops closing everywhere and warnings of marching in certain areas.

Government very scared of a scenario like Marikana where people get shot, seem to be letting this ride itself out.
Its a planned assault on the country, malls, depots and transport lines are being hit.

The airport and other provinces are totally untouched.

Government very scared of a scenario like Marikana where people get shot, seem to be letting this ride itself out.
Its a planned assault on the country, malls, depots and transport lines are being hit.

The airport and other provinces are totally untouched.

For how long will you still have fuel where it is basically a war zone?

Right now there is a bit of panic buying happening; the majority of fuel does come from the Durban Genref so that will be a problem in a week or two.
In the JHB area its localised to malls and large distribution centers near the "townships" and outlying areas, example I have two flare up areas 8km away from me in opposite directions.
We are organising locally and getting together to protect malls and infrastructure in the area, the army has just started to be deployed in Alexandra about 15km away. The biggest concern is in KZN where its totally out of control.

Real problem will start in the moment crowd break in some police or military warehouse. It might be the breaking point. Hope it wont happen

Or Chicago, or Detroit or Atlanta...

It is not the locale but people acting per their base instincts.
Don't forget Minneapolis

Real problem will start in the moment crowd break in some police or military warehouse. It might be the breaking point. Hope it wont happen
There is f..all to steal there no stock....
Saps on the south coast ran out of ammo they have been restocked with live ammo 9mm, 40sw, 5.56 and 12ga buckshot by private entities....no rubber bullets availible....

Wheels up for Limpopo in two days.
After email exchanges, we will overnight at AfricaSky as previously planned.

What my PH and AfricaSky are saying per emails this morning:

No rioting in the AfricaSky area. They are safe and "transport from airport should be safe with no issues".

Rifle permits are approved but still not printed for pick up. Should be resolved by the time we arrive - if not sooner.

From my PH: "Do NOT bring any alcohol with you". A PH transiting with clients was pulled over and not only was the booze confiscated, they also had to pay a hefty fine (bribe) for transporting alcohol on a public road.

I hope the SANDF does some serious ass kicking between now and when we land. But as of today, we are going.

Wheels up for Limpopo in two days.
After email exchanges, we will overnight at AfricaSky as previously planned.

What my PH and AfricaSky are saying per emails this morning:

No rioting in the AfricaSky area. They are safe and "transport from airport should be safe with no issues".

Rifle permits are approved but still not printed for pick up. Should be resolved by the time we arrive - if not sooner.

From my PH: "Do NOT bring any alcohol with you". A PH transiting with clients was pulled over and not only was the booze confiscated, they also had to pay a hefty fine (bribe) for transporting alcohol on a public road.

I hope the SANDF does some serious ass kicking between now and when we land. But as of today, we are going.
That direction you should be safe...one hotspot just north of Pta other than that you shoukd be ok.

@Jaegger ... "I never understood HOW looting or burning a business to the ground, a neighborhood business that employs & supports that community SOLVES anything!?"

Simple: those doing the burning and looting aren't looking for solutions. At all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KayleighFa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you