How to make it count in Botswana?

Hi Tap,
Good Grief, thats a fantastic Elephant area. The water is not really an issue there, you're quite some distance from the Okavango Delta. I shot mine in NG41 in 2006. Here's my take on what size to expect. I shot mine sixty something x sixty something at noon on day two. We had walked up to and looked at 18 bulls before I shot mine. We could have shot a 55-60 relatively easy, just about any day. Here's what I would do If I had to do it over.

I would hold out for 10 days for something in the 70's. Like I said on day 11 you can lower your standards a bit. I wish I would have waited, that said, I am 100 percent satisfied with my total experience.

I would be willing to bet you kill your bull in the Mababe depression, near the village of Mababe. I hunted in early May, the Jumbo's were eating palm nuts, good time of year to go.

I shot mine at 18 yards frontal brain shot and am glad i did it that way. Proper.

Hunt well and be sure to shoot a Hyaena off the carcass. It will sit and rot, the locals there aren't hungry. We went to the village and couldn't get a single person to come to the kill site.

Best of luck

View attachment 18725

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillianaLe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg