How to keep leopards out of camp?

Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia
This is part of a bigger question I have involving leopards.
How do locals keep them out of their villages?
Anything I should know about?

Mainly dogs, fences, lights, and rifles. They often resort to poisoning leopards and hyenas, but the poison kills buzzards, wild dogs, civets, honey badgers, wild cats, and predators and scavenger in the area.

Mainly dogs, fences, lights, and rifles. They often resort to poisoning leopards and hyenas, but the poison kills buzzards, wild dogs, civets, honey badgers, wild cats, and predators and scavenger in the area.
And sometimes that backfires the other way…..

One of the SA photo tourist camp staff put out poison for rats and a known leopard came in and was poisoned and died. I wanna say the cat was from APNR property. But there have been a couple cats that have had human wildlife conflicts and died there in the last few years I dont remember all the details on the poisoned one.

Leopards come and go as they please. They are the ultimate survivors and can live in the alleys of Johannesburg, taking dogs and whatever they can find. You can have dogs, campfires, music, people and if they are hungry, they still come in. Here's a calf killed in the middle of a cattle kraal in a village last week while I was hunting them.
IMG_5296.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
floodcrm

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!