How long should it take to get your capes

This is the kind of stuff that has me worried. My fiished trophies are sitting at the shipper now. I got the first email from shipper on the 9th of March. He informed me that he picked up the trophies but the export permits where expired. He said it would take a couple of weeks to get them re-issued. So on April 4th I got the email that they got the new permits. Problem is they only issued one export permit for our two Impala. So here I am the 27th of April still missing a permit. Shipper said on the 24th that the SA Conservation Dept. has issued the new permit. They are just waiting for the authorized person to sign off on the permit. As soon as this happens he will pick up the permit. Now the only other question I have is, I have not paid the shipper. I dont feel that I should pay him until he has "everything" ready to be sent including the permit? Am I wrong?

This is the kind of stuff that has me worried. My fiished trophies are sitting at the shipper now. I got the first email from shipper on the 9th of March. He informed me that he picked up the trophies but the export permits where expired. He said it would take a couple of weeks to get them re-issued. So on April 4th I got the email that they got the new permits. Problem is they only issued one export permit for our two Impala. So here I am the 27th of April still missing a permit. Shipper said on the 24th that the SA Conservation Dept. has issued the new permit. They are just waiting for the authorized person to sign off on the permit. As soon as this happens he will pick up the permit. Now the only other question I have is, I have not paid the shipper. I dont feel that I should pay him until he has "everything" ready to be sent including the permit? Am I wrong?

I'm not sure what to say to that. I heard that most delays in ship/dip/pack can be avoided by paying up front which I did and everything worked out great. If things had gone the other way, as they have for others, I would be feeling pretty stupid for forking out cash to crooks before they had even claimed to have done anything.

I think this is the exact reason we'll have to create that list of miscreants!
Maybe an article that people can add the good bad and ugly to.

A bitch list would sure be nice as long as it was not abused.

I'm not sure what to say to that. I heard that most delays in ship/dip/pack can be avoided by paying up front which I did and everything worked out great. If things had gone the other way, as they have for others, I would be feeling pretty stupid for forking out cash to crooks before they had even claimed to have done anything.

This is my dilemma....I just don't want the shipper to think I am a dead beat and won't pay my bill. I guess I should just send an email and in a nice way tell him I will pay as soon as he has everything together.

Something is wrong with their story also, permits are now issued for 12 months. Have been for over a year.

This is my dilemma....I just don't want the shipper to think I am a dead beat and won't pay my bill. I guess I should just send an email and in a nice way tell him I will pay as soon as he has everything together.

Damned if you do damned if you dont comes to mind.

Just the facts and only the facts.

The fact is I dont beleive some would stick to the facts. LOL

I do think it is a great idea though.

RickB, I would not pay anything, unless everything is in order. I don't believe in paying up front to someone I don't trust. A deposit is another story and even then I have to consider my options. This gives people a incentive to do the work right and on a timely schedule. I'm alright with the person that comes in after me and pays up front and maybe adds more to the pie to get their work done first. When you are a ocean apart what are you going to do?

I've paid full up front on one hunt, and not till I was notified on others, either way it did not make a difference. It still took between 8-15 months. This is with 3 different trips.

I have been to Africa four times now, the first hunt the mounts were done in SA took 1 year to get them, second hunt was Namibia dip and ship had them in 7 months, third trip mounts done in SA was under a year, but my mounts sat in a warehouse cause a worker quit and no one new they were there. My taxidermist in the states told me that years ago it would take up to 1year but now a days 6 months for ship and dip, what upset's me he keeps tell me in two weeks and months go by, thats a lie in my book, and things like that get me upset, hey tell me up front I'm a big boy I can handle things.

Update I have my trophys thanks to a member of this forum who step in got all the permits and brought them back with him and ship them to me. Good people still exist in this world and I'm grateful for his actions. There at the tanner and should have them by the end of the year.

Great news.
Congratulations and thanks to the anonymous courier.

Good to hear some resolution. Its a shame when these things just keep dragging on and on, at least this one has a happy ending.

This one was not a shipper problem, seems more like the PH. Never did get a straight answer on who applied for the permits. They took 10 days to get once applied.

I still think that the taxidermists need to do something to keep permits and freight under control.

This one was not a shipper problem, seems more like the PH. Never did get a straight answer on who applied for the permits. They took 10 days to get once applied.

I still think that the taxidermists need to do something to keep permits and freight under control.

Good to know there are guys like you willing to help a complete stranger out.

A terrific thing you did saeng101. Well done.
PAHunter hope your blood presure drops a bit...must have been as frustrating as hell.

Really was no problem, just hate to see guys screwed around. We all want to have a good time with the least amount of problems.

Yes Blood pressure went to low again! I believe the PH had some big issues, he had to fire two of his PH in Mozambique which left him short handed, and I got put on the bottom of the pile. I would have taken it better if I was told the truth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcbuyerapp

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,