Horn-only mounts?

I wonder is there fang.
In the same place as a stud horse fighting teeth/ bridal teeth?

I have only seen one horse skull with the fighting teeth. But yes, it appeared to be very similar to the Zebra skull in that regard.
 
I have a carved kudu horn lamp
 
I have only seen one horse skull with the fighting teeth. But yes, it appeared to be very similar to the Zebra skull in that regard.
Most people take them out.
If it’s a using horse.
We left our studs alone and had them in the pasture for there job.
I all ways used mares for riding only had one gelding and got him because he was a big horse 18 hands and about 1300 lbs jughead.
And someone desided to ride him through a patch of Russian thistle.
Well the stickers hit him in his dangling bits and he broke the guy’s shoulder.
 
Headed to RSA for a PG hunt in May and am working on my Taxidermy plan. I have low ceilings in my house and the Mrs isn’t big on European mounts with the skulls. For my North American animals I typically do a simple antler/horn mount on a small plaque. Does anyone do this for African trophies? Is this “frowned upon” by PHs or others? It isn’t a money thing, more about what we like in our home on the walls.

Targeted species are Kudu, Water buck, Zebra, Gemsbok, wildebeest.

I would still plan to get a Warthog (European mount) and Zebra rug if I am lucky enough.

Appreciate your feedback and comments (positive or negative).
Down here in fl skull cap antlers mounts were the norm unless someone mounted one.
I did not see European mounts until the 90s
 
Skull cap mounts look fine, in my opinion. I also like 375Fox's idea of the corner post with the Kudu horn. Other options for your consideration might include a lamp or wall sconce incorporating the horn from a Kudu or Gemsbok. Or just mount the horn itself on the wall at an angle where it looks good to you. I was at a lodge in Europe once where parts of one wall were decorated with shed antlers from a Rot Hirsch (Red Stag) which had been slightly polished and hung horizontally. Looked great!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,099
Members
169,493
Latest member
CortneyRen
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top