Hiding ugly

That looks great, I have a .204 Ruger and I bought my daughter a .308 and both are extremely accurate. I may have to look into dipping them as they are butt ugly!
 
I love hydrodipped wood grain patterns. I have a composite stock on a savage that has fooled many people into thinking it’s a nice exotic wood. Check out the pattern WTP 261. It’s called dark black gunstock. I’ll post a picture later today. I’m going to have my KRG Bravo dipped in it soon.
 
They are ugly and the ruger american and the savage axis have surprised a bunch of people on just how accurate they are. are they a smooth as a much higher end rifle no, but they shoot and are a great truck/ATV gun that work.

The hydro dip that you did is a very clever way of upgrading a tupperware POS stock. Still a POS but now just not as ugly:A Outta:
 
I’ve heard that only accurate rifles are interesting so I think you’ve done a good job with the stock upgrade.

The accuracy of these cheapo rifles has really shown how far automated manufacturing has come. It’s quite amazing.
 
I had a plastic stock hydro dipped and then sprayed with an automotive clear coat for durability. Turned out great. As did yours. The wood trigger guard is awesome!
I had this sprayed with a satin clear coat as Being a hunting rifle I didn’t want it to shine.
 
MS 9X56, that turned out nice. I agree the stocks on the American are ugly, but you’ve made it into a nice rifle to look at.
Thank you. It was not my intention to pretty it up, as I just have an unnatural hatred of black plastic stocks. Started with an M-16.
 
I too hate synthetic stocks, but I understand for bad weather they are great. I would not have thought to have the stock dipped either. That certainly is now an option to consider. Who did the dipping?
The guy who did it moved away 2 years ago so I don't have contact info. Most places that do hydro dipping have catalogs of the patterns they offer. He showed me walnut, curly maply, the burl wood pattern and even a knotty pine pattern. I was really pleased with the result. He also offered either high gloss or satin clear coat over the dip.He was just getting started when I had it done. Only charged me $75. Great investment.
 
They are ugly and the ruger american and the savage axis have surprised a bunch of people on just how accurate they are. are they a smooth as a much higher end rifle no, but they shoot and are a great truck/ATV gun that work.

The hydro dip that you did is a very clever way of upgrading a tupperware POS stock. Still a POS but now just not as ugly:A Outta:
Amen to that brother.
 
I don't know how to feel about mine, that will outshoot at least 4 of my $1,500+ bolt actions...
 
May be Ruger should see it.
Not without that licensing agreement/contract. Don't cheat yourself as they do you. Be kind. $1/M units sold.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,884
Members
169,460
Latest member
TorstenCha
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top