Hi from Australia

Hi Guys,
I’m down in Melbourne at the bottom of Australia in the state of Victoria.

I mainly hunt Red Fox, Sambar and Fallow deer.
As for the rifles; I am a Winchester 70 and Sako 85 man and have .222, .22-250, .243, .7mm08, .30-06, .9.3x62

I have just sent off my deposit to hunt with KMG Hunting Safaris for April 2023, Marius has been very helpful indeed.

Looking forward to learning a lot and meeting new people!

Cheers,
Shifty
@Shifty
Welcome to the forum mate ahead of Aussies here.
Me thinks you should have chosen another name as Ito the older generation like me a shifty person is on that is into dubious deeds and can't be trusted.
IN NO WAY AM I SAYING THIS IS YOU. You sound like a great bloke.
What rifle are you taking to Africa and what game are you after.
I'm sure you will have a great time and I know you will never forget it and always want to go back..
It's a pity you live south of the border as NSW is the best state. Don't listen to those Queensland's the humidity affects their brains.
Bob

@Shifty it's gotta be a .25 or .35 If you listen to Uncle Bob.

I reckon a .30 will do most of Africa unless you are after big stuff.

Hi Guys,

All the way from Australia, I am looking to do my first African hunt early next year.

I'll no doubt be reading a lot here and asking heaps of questions!

Thanks for having me!

Welcome from another Oz

@Shifty , Do you drink Bundaberg rum? Aussies who don't, can't be trusted.
Or what do you say @Mark R and @HRS ?
@KMG Hunting Safaris
Mate @Shifty is a Victorian and a softy, more than likely a VB drinker.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob
@KMG Hunting Safaris i sure as hell do! Haha

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen As It’s my first trip I’m just going to start with plains game, as for the rifle/cal no idea as yet, I have 12 months to think about it and change my mind 500 times or possibly buy something new .

Cheers,
Shifty
@Shifty
Just take the 06 or the 9.3 both will do nicety
Bob

Hi Guys,
I’m down in Melbourne at the bottom of Australia in the state of Victoria.

I mainly hunt Red Fox, Sambar and Fallow deer.
As for the rifles; I am a Winchester 70 and Sako 85 man and have .222, .22-250, .243, .7mm08, .30-06, .9.3x62

I have just sent off my deposit to hunt with KMG Hunting Safaris for April 2023, Marius has been very helpful indeed.

Looking forward to learning a lot and meeting new people!

Cheers,
Shifty
Hi Shifty, good decision mate - you will have a great safari with Marius and his crew. I hunted with KMG prior to covid and have booked in myself and 4 other Aussies for July next year. What species are you looking at having a crack at? The East Cape is a beautiful area and offers some great hunting. Take duty free Bundy, plus a good sense of humour and you will have a ball :cool:

Cheers,
Cameron Hatcher

Hi Shifty, good decision mate - you will have a great safari with Marius and his crew. I hunted with KMG prior to covid and have booked in myself and 4 other Aussies for July next year. What species are you looking at having a crack at? The East Cape is a beautiful area and offers some great hunting. Take duty free Bundy, plus a good sense of humour and you will have a ball :cool:

Cheers,
Cameron Hatcher
Hey Cameron,

Just looking at plains game for my first trip so -

Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Warthog, Impala and Common Duiker.

no doubt I will want to return and try more!
Cheers,
Shifty

Hey Cameron,

Just looking at plains game for my first trip so -

Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Warthog, Impala and Common Duiker.

no doubt I will want to return and try more!
Cheers,
Shifty
Yeah nice mate....If you get the chance to hunt Cape Bushbuck, I'd highly recommend that. They are so highly revered by the locals in the East Cape - much the same way as Victorians love Sambar. They offer a great hunt too, shy and elusive little buggers

@Shifty , Do you drink Bundaberg rum? Aussies who don't, can't be trusted.
Or what do you say @Mark R and @HRS ?

@KMG Hunting Safaris i sure as hell do! Haha

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen As It’s my first trip I’m just going to start with plains game, as for the rifle/cal no idea as yet, I have 12 months to think about it and change my mind 500 times or possibly buy something new .

Cheers,
Shifty
Can’t be all bad, Aussie, drinks Bundy and hunts with “The Boss” at KMG

Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!