AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
All,

Received this message through facebook…it looks like Heym is currently at a three year delivery time on double rifles (and drillings). Based on their website, you can order a bare bones 89b Africa model in 450/400, 470, and 500, (delivery 2.5 years) but nothing custom until they reduce delivery times.

IMG_1418.png

Prices for (lightly) used ones will start to go the Rolex way.

I was speaking to a builder this past week who informed me of Heym’s growing build times. Just two years ago it was less than a 6 month delivery time. Business must be excellent!
No wonder that business is excellent. From what everyone says, their mechanical function is second to none, and their new price for a barebones version is only 1 years pay for the typical PH. Not 10 years pay. So the professionals can actually purchase these.

I'm wondering if one of the smaller builders could order a action+barrels in the white from them, to be finished elsewhere.

I am glad that Heym is backlogged with orders…that means they are doing something right! Hopefully they are able to reduce build times within the next year or two so I can place another order!

I cant find anything on this North Star, has someone got a link please?

I am glad I got mine when I did. There are several 88's for sale here in South Africa.
Hello Kevin, these would be used Heym's? Would you care to send me a link to the website where they are advertised?

Thanks,

V.

I cant find anything on this North Star, has someone got a link please?
It is basically their new name for the entry level 89b, pretty much like yours.
I had complained a few weeks ago, why their doubles were no longer on their new website, well seems like they are still updating their new website, and now we can find the 89b again at least:

Edit: actually they just refreshed their website again, and it is now called the "89B Africa-Nordstern" :DLast night it was still called the "NordStern"

I believe someone from Heym is reading AH ! :E Rofl:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 5.16.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 5.16.21 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 112
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 5.16.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 5.16.22 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 5.16.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 5.16.23 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 5.16.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 5.16.24 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 111
I was speaking to a builder this past week who informed me of Heym’s growing build times. Just two years ago it was less than a 6 month delivery time. Business must be excellent!
I'm wondering if it is a lack of workforce causing supply issues.

When I talked to Chris last week about an Express he mentioned the lead time on doubles was out to 2.5-3 years, and the used market in the US is expectedly thin on them.

Hello Kevin, these would be used Heym's? Would you care to send me a link to the website where they are advertised?

Thanks,

V.
Hi V, no they are new, there is a 500 NE and a 450/400 NE at Rivonia Road branch of Safari and Outdoor.

I was just talking to Chris, and I think there may be some confusion on delivery times for Heym doubles. Chris reminded me that most of HEYM’s social media is targeted at German clients, and that "general" delivery time for a new order to HEYM (from within Germany) is extended as previously noted.

However, HEYM USA has production slots reserved every month of the year, and their delivery time is more realistically 18-months. He also noted that they have some past orders that have taken longer than that, as ammo has been in short supply for the past 2-years, but big-bore ammo is starting to ship again, and they are clearing the regulation back-log on those, too.

I was just talking to Chris, and I think there may be some confusion on delivery times for Heym doubles. Chris reminded me that most of HEYM’s social media is targeted at German clients, and that "general" delivery time for a new order to HEYM (from within Germany) is extended as previously noted.

However, HEYM USA has production slots reserved every month of the year, and their delivery time is more realistically 18-months. He also noted that they have some past orders that have taken longer than that, as ammo has been in short supply for the past 2-years, but big-bore ammo is starting to ship again, and they are clearing the regulation back-log on those, too.

That is great news…now back to having a silent argument with myself about which caliber my next SCOPED Heym will be chambered in, 375 Flanged or 450/400!

The 375 flanged has always intrigued me I think you could hunt anything in Africa with a 375 flanged double rifle. I always wanted to try one and see if I could develop a regulated 250gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claw (I have several hundred but no longer have a bolt gun I use them in.) load for plains. With the scope you could easily readjust for any point of impact shift between the 250gr and 300gr bullets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.