Heym 577 89B Anyone Seen One???

Just scroll down in the link.

Thank you, always been intrigued with how an 89 would look in 577. Unique in it's own right.
Beautiful, imo.
gma.jpg

And any luck on Brass with anyone?

Brass is in slim supply. I hope someone can import some Reiner-horneber brass from Germany or some LFB ammo. It seems the only other option still in production in Bertram brass and it is 9-12 months or possible further and that is coming from Bertram USA. All the custom shops that load for it I have reached out to are all out of Brass and have a waiting list for guys looking for ammo. I would be in for 200-300 pieces if someone can facilitate a group buy and import to the USA.
I would rather buy once and get some good quality brass that will last me a lifetime.

I have Kynock unfired brass I’m willing to sell. I also have the berdan primers for them. I also have 19 rounds for full nitro from choice. Jamison brass and what look like Woodleigh FMJs. You would need to deconstruct one to see exactly what it is. Please send a message if interested.

Tom

@Daniel Cary I went case colored with gold inlays
Really cool .. the more I see of these, I anticipate the individuals spec's.
Someone was willing to part with a new 88 a while back. I didn't think I was a fan of Case color .. it was absolutely stunning, the "Gold Inlay", Surreal Walnut, Contrast, etc.

When I enquired the .577 89 with Mr. Sells long ago, the time frame was apx 18 months,
however, it was such a specialized request, photos were non-existent unless one could make the trek to Dallas. I'm not shocked, but am, @ how the .577 89 turned out.
Thank you .. just excited for ya guy's.

Corporate image (doesn't justify)
1697979934000.png

@Daniel Cary I also went with case colored with grade 3 deep engraving and gold inlays.

HH

@Daniel Cary I also went with case colored with grade 3 deep engraving and gold inlays.

HH
Many thanks, just as well. .. I had to look up Grade 3. (The 577 is a Marvel in its Own Right)
The Walnut, however, on everyone's build .. my Compliments.

Many congrats!

Anyone seen one
In the past of an regulary basis.
And shoot some of them, also in the models 88 and Jumbo (sidelock) and in the bolt actions from Heym (collector items).
The new 89 in .577 is great, but - if you want an tipp from me, gentleman - dont order 26 inch barrels, better 25.

Mark Sullivan uses a Model 88B in .577 Nitro Express.
No, Sir.
He had an Heym double Jumbo, with sidelocks, large frame, special extras (more than page, handwritten from him in Las Vegas/English boxes; i had it in my archive), HH 1920 style, in .577 NE.

Anyone seen one
In the past of an regulary basis.
And shoot some of them, also in the models 88 and Jumbo (sidelock) and in the bolt actions from Heym (collector items).
The new 89 in .577 is great, but - if you want an tipp from me, gentleman - dont order 26 inch barrels, better 25.

Mark Sullivan uses a Model 88B in .577 Nitro Express.
No, Sir.
He had an Heym double Jumbo, with sidelocks, large frame, special extras (more than page, handwritten from him in Las Vegas/English boxes; i had it in my archive), HH 1920 style, in .577 NE.
If cost was no Concern, .. He had an 88 Box lock, post his Side lock. That would be it.

I've enjoyed the pictures. I am waiting on mine as well. So far I'm at 19 months I believe. The following were the options I chose.

1. 89b in 577 NE
2. 25" barrels
3. Boarder scroll engraving w/ case colors
4. Tear drops
5. 1 standing/2 folding rear sight w/ gold center line
6. Brown recoil pad
7. Matte finished stock

The premise is that of a basic working rifle and in intend to use it as such to it's fullest potential. It's been a long time since I've looked forward to something more than taking delivery of this rifle. I will post pictures when she comes in. Cheers

I've enjoyed the pictures. I am waiting on mine as well. So far I'm at 19 months I believe. The following were the options I chose.

1. 89b in 577 NE
2. 25" barrels
4. Tear drops
6. Brown recoil pad
7. Matte finished stock

The premise is that of a basic working rifle and in intend to use it as such to it's fullest potential. It's been a long time since I've looked forward to something more than taking delivery of this rifle. I will post pictures when she comes in. Cheers
Another Congrats! .. interesting to hear 25" is an option. Regardless of taste, well adorned, unadorned .. it just looks proportionate. I know the Frame is large, but the way those huge Fences Protrude, idk. I've never seen/felt an 89 in person, but it's growing on me daily.

Brother was up last weekend .. I can't Shoulder 24's, for long.
89.jpg

Thanks for Sharing!

Last edited:

1. 89b in 577 NE
2. 25" barrels
4. Tear drops
6. Brown recoil pad
7. Matte finished stock

I am at 30 months and counting for mine. I at least know Heym has started production, Chris sent me photos of my rifle in the white last November. All this waiting has its silver lining though...I've managed to purchase a set of RCBS dies and enough brass and Woodleigh 750's to keep me shooting for a very long time.

That's sorta what prompted cont. this thread. (short of seeing a full length photo). A member exhausted almost all resources for available Brass, short of an apx year wait with Bertram. @Thomas Rutledge has been more than willing, there's 19 Bertram here I'm starting to care less about, etc. @Uintaelkhunter.

I'm curious if @FOXTROTLIMA3 can accommodate Kynoch?
Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you