Heym 55B 7x65R O/U Double Rifle

I’m shocked this Heym hasn’t sold. If I hadn’t just bought 4 rifles in last couple months.

I am surprised to. Based on responses I am going to take this off the market. Everyone thank you for looking.

I would love to try and make a deal on this rifle. I sent you a message, hopefully I'm not too late

PM answered. Reach out when you have time to talk.

Back to the top with a price reduction to $6000.

Why is this not sold? This needs to get out into the field and work for a living. Dave’s guns are always well sorted with good load data that is quite valuable.

Plus, I like the book in the photo. God’s cattle is a great nickname for cape buff.

Very nice caliber. It is very similar to the 280 Remingtonice. It would be nice with a scope.

I have a 7x65R in a drilling and like it. It is similar in performance to a 280 and is intended fro double and single shot rifles. The 7x65R is loaded somewhat lower than a 7x64 which is for bolt guns. Either one is great for most hunting.

What brand is your drilling?

The 7x65 is a nice round. It was also one of the easiest loads to develop with 175gr bullets of any double I have ever worked with.

Dave, how long are the barrels? What kind of energy would this produce.

Eland, Moose size animals. Or elk on down ?

175gr at 2695fps for 2823FTLBS energy. (my loads developed to shot to the barrels regulation)

It also shoot the 140gr S&B factory very well, but I didn't chrono those rounds.

Will have to measure the barrels to confirm that they are 25in.

It would work on moose and eland under 150M, but there are better rounds for the roan and up sized animals in my opinion. For Sable/elk and smaller it would be a great round.

Dave,
My drilling is a Sauer 3000 in 16/16/7x65R with 2.5x8 Leupold & Krieghoff 22 insert.
I also have a Hannes Kipplinger bolt gun in 7x64.
Both are excellent cartridges.
I believe that the 140 gr is good for deer, hogs, & black bear. The 175 would be good for moose & elk size animals.

Beautiful rifle, good to see it has a new home, a 7x65 double is also one of my prized rifles, congrats to the new owner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandadelhiaerocity

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.